• Random Images

• Higher Ground

There is no available content written by Higher Ground
  • Recent Forum Posts

dscotthep

Which fabric for tarps and hammocks

Just so there's no confusion, "poly" here means "polyester". You should avoid polypropylene for your hammocks and hammock gear.

dscotthep Today, 06:55 Go to last post
    Phantom Grappler

Tarp set up

If prusik is not holding--add extra wraps. I use 5 wraps and they hold when prusik is neatly dressed and tightened before loading. Five wraps gives ten

Phantom Grappler Today, 06:47 Go to last post
    Five Tango

Sudden meeting with ground

I forgot to pay attention to what I was doing once and managed to not spread my hammock open enough,sat down and proceeded to fall over backwards.Glad

Five Tango Today, 06:44 Go to last post
    mountain wanderer

VIDEO: Rainy Trip in the Cascades

Excellent! Making someone want to get out there is one of the reasons I posts these. Thanks for watching!

Thank you! That bridge

mountain wanderer Today, 06:34 Go to last post
    MikekiM

A few questions for new Raven owners...

I am really liking the design of the Raven. I've wanted a DH for a while, originally thought the Darien was best for me, but the modular design, mid-closing

MikekiM Today, 06:17 Go to last post
    kardinal_emilus

Funky UQ odor

My goose and duck down products smell a lot different. Might be for any reason, some say its due to non sufficient process, some say its just a duck,

kardinal_emilus Today, 04:21 Go to last post
    hutzelbein

Funky UQ odor

I don't think there's a difference with regards to smell between duck and goose down. My smelly underquilt is filled with goose down. And over the years,

hutzelbein Today, 04:01 Go to last post
    tlfillingim

Sipsey Recommendations

This trip is mostly to get a couple of new fathers into the woods before their kids are born this summer. So the group decided they were more interested

tlfillingim Today, 03:26 Go to last post
  • Google Search HammockForums

untitled
  • Donating member status

Donation area
    To make a yearly donation please click the button below.

If you are seeing this message, you are not a donating member or your yearly donation has expired.
    To remove this message and all Google ads, we encourage you to become a donating member.
  • Hammock Forums
    Helpful Videos

Click Image for videos
    Many thanks to Shug
  • HYOH Podcasts

• Google user map

• Forum Stats

Number of Members: 56,888
    Total Threads: 127,724
    Total Posts: 1,781,742
    Currently Online: 372

Newest Member: maxknott