• Random Images

• hikingshoes

There is no available content written by hikingshoes
  • Recent Forum Posts

georgecarr

Funky UQ odor

The reason you notice that wet dog smell is that after down is cleaned it is treated with the same deodorizer that dog groomers use. It's usually because

georgecarr Today, 09:03 Go to last post
    roaringplains

Budget series Summer series quilts

Ordered a set of budget summer quilts Sunday night at 6; got the shipped notice Tuesday at 4 PM; delivery due this Thursday. 4 days start to finish -

roaringplains Today, 09:03 Go to last post
    MAD777

Which fabric for tarps and hammocks

For a tarp you want silnylon or silpoly (silicon impregnated fabric) 30 to 40 denier, 1.3 to 2.2 ounce per square yard. (convert to metric).

MAD777 Today, 08:58 Go to last post
    BigBill

How well does parachute material work for a hammock?

I have some nylon (?) panels from an old chute I was going to use for another project but I think I'd rather turn them into a hammock. I have no idea

BigBill Today, 08:57 Go to last post
    hollabi

Funky UQ odor

Hahaha that would be an awesome discount quilt idea. "Freshly plucked butt feathers that stay together and share their fragrance forever!"

hollabi Today, 08:57 Go to last post
    MrGhoti

summer underquilt - full length

Underquilt. wherever the hammock touched the bugnet was where I got bit, through both bugnet and hammock. If I had the underquilt, I don't think the

MrGhoti Today, 08:56 Go to last post
    Wanderlost

Funky UQ odor

Mine get that way when I get really damp. I actually use it as an indicator for when I'll start to lose insulating warmth.

Wanderlost Today, 08:49 Go to last post
    curious1

Funky UQ odor

That would be a perfect description of the smell, couldnt think of the right adjectives to use though. A non scented dryer sheet with mine on lowest

curious1 Today, 08:43 Go to last post
  • Google Search HammockForums

untitled
  • Donating member status

Donation area
    To make a yearly donation please click the button below.

If you are seeing this message, you are not a donating member or your yearly donation has expired.
    To remove this message and all Google ads, we encourage you to become a donating member.
  • Hammock Forums
    Helpful Videos

Click Image for videos
    Many thanks to Shug
  • HYOH Podcasts

• Google user map

• Forum Stats

Number of Members: 56,868
    Total Threads: 127,701
    Total Posts: 1,781,485
    Currently Online: 409

Newest Member: spencsam