Thinking of buying a DD hammock traveller 2010
I am thinking of buying a DD Traveller 2010 but would like to add woopie slings has any one done this please ? how did it work out.
I've added Whoopie slings.
I threaded the braid through the channel before making them.
Ive basically got big adjustable loops, so that I can open the hammock out flat if I go to ground. The sling is attached to the loops on my tree slings with loop shackles/nacrabiners, it works fine.
I installed whoopie slings on my DD Frontline.
No problems at all.
Yet to get a dd hammock, I have the 3x3 tarp and its good by all account thus far.. In speaking with Aust dist. the mod is a very simple one.
I have a DD Travel Hammock/Bivi it has a channel with webbing at each end. What I did was:
1. Tie a figure 8 with a bite at one end of the webbing that gathers the hammock end.
2. Pull webbing tight and tie another figure 8 with a bite, gather up excess webbing.
3. Use a "Dutch Biner" to connect the two bites and the dead eye of the whoopie sling.
4. Connect adjustable loop to your tree hugger with toggle or biner.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 for other end.
6. Adjust hang of hammock for your comfort.
Quick, easy and no excessive wear anywhere.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:19.|
Copyright ©2009 HammockForums