First Gathered End Hammock and Bishop Bag
I just completed my first DIY gathered end hammock with ridgeline and bishop bag. I'll try hanging in it tomorrow.
-9'7" of Navy 1.7 or 1.9 Ripstop Nylon from Hancock Fabric, $4.95/yrd (I just missed the sale price 40% off.)
-7'11.5" of 1.25mm cord from ZPacks.com, $.259/ft.
-16"x8" and a 7.5" diameter pieces of 1.1 Black DWR Ripstop from Wilderness Logics.com, $7.5/yrd
-1.25" of 2.5 Ripstop from some old hiking pants, free
-18" of 1.5mm cord from ZPacks.com, $.259/ft.
-1 Grommet from Home Depot, ~$8 for a 10pack w/punch kit
-1 "Tiny" Cord Lock from ZPacks.com, $.25/each
-18' Gray 7/64 Amsteel
Sewed the hammock with a double hem to prevent fraying and followed the directions from [user]Knotty[/user]:Instruction: Gathered End Hammock.
I made whoopie slings from [user]SlowBro[/user]:Whoopie Sling Suspension.
I attached the rideline by making a loop on both ends (double overhand knot) and sliding that over the fixed loop of the whoopie slings before backing the whoopie over on itself to make a larkshead knot to slid over the end of the newly gathered hammock.
I used my own know how to sew the bishop bag with an extra patch for supporting the grommet. After I installed the first grommet, I noticed that the whoopies would not fit through it, so I ended up with the bigger one from Home Depot. It is not the grommet in the picture.
Total time: ~3.5hrs.
Pictures to prove it (taken on my camera phone so I apologize for the graininess):
Good looking work there. Congratulations on the job well done.
Congrats on completing the project and thank for sharing the details and photos.
Good luck with the first hang.
Very nice work!!!!!
Thanks. I just made another black bishop bag for my HHULB. I am also working on some bug net tarp skins and an 1/2 length UQ.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:54.|
Copyright ©2009 HammockForums