How a non-sewer can sew a bugnet
I made a Fronkey style bugnet out of tulle as one of the first projects I made with my new machine. I don't have much skill, but a little bit of dexterity and "want to". I measured out the fabric and used clothespins to pin it since I didn't have real pins.
Then I rolled it up to make it manageable in the sewing machine.
Feeding it through and taking off pins:
Pins on the sides after the ridgeline was sewn:
The finished project:
The tulle bugnet weighed in at 2.4oz. Pretty dang good IMO.
VERY good indeed!
Last fall we just took some tulle and draped it over the hammock, then used close pins to hold it in place. Now I have a thread injector and your motivational pics I don't have an excuse not to make a fitted model.
Thanks for posting.
Great looking bug net! Been loving my time at the machine lately.
You did an awesome job dude! I think a lot of non-sewers can apply this to other bugnet projects too.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:14.|
Copyright ©2009 HammockForums