Order of Suspension...HELP!
Hey Guys....got my Hammock today!!!....Thanks BIAS.....AND HAVE QUESTIONS.
So I am running with with Tree straps....toggle system.....whoopies...and ARL
1. I have figured out how to do the toggle system....think I am good there.
2. Attached Whoopie to hammock end with the Small end of the whoopie(head)???.....and then I get looping over the toogle (on the strap!!!!!!).....I get that...if the above is correct?(on what end of whoopie)
3. Adjustable ridge line is where I am confused!.....am I attaching it to the whoopies?....or end of hammock???......
4. so when I am attached to one or the other above in Question 3.....I have looped the adjustable whoopie(ARL) on one end.(BIG QUESTION).....how do I attach it to the other end??????
Thanks for your valuable input!!!!!
4. I use a prusik knot with a small carabiner. This way I can slide the line back and forth to get the correct sag.
Also, you can look on shugs youtube page and he explains it very well.
I do it several different ways depending on the hammock - if you have continuous loops on your BIAS you can just attach the ARL to those loops.
I also like to clip a Dutch Ridgeline Biner on the adjustable end and attach that to the continuous loop. Sometimes I also use soft shackles.
mine attaches mike this:
My adjustable ridgeline is a giant whoopie out of zing-it. So it has a fix eye and an adjustable eye.
The fixed eye is larks headed to the amsteel that leaves the hammock toward the tree.
On the other end I have a small/short continous loop of zing-it. It is larks headed to the
other amsteel leaving the hammock toward the other tree.
Since it is a big/long whoopie I adjust the ridgeline just like the whoopie that is the hammocks suspension.
I was just setting up a Leighlo 5-50 ~a stout 0F rated underquilt~
With that underquilt I dont go to the gathered ends to support it, rather I go up to the adjustable ridgeline and to prussics (also out of zing-it)...this changes the angle of the UQ dangle for the better.
Hope that helps.
Here is a quick tutorial on our site of how we recommend installing a non-adjustable ridgeline. There are many other options, but this one is simple and effective.
If you've got an adjustable RL, attach the fixed loop as described. Then take the adjustable loop end and attach it to the toggle knot on the other end.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:06.|
Copyright ©2009 HammockForums