Announcing some updates to BIAS website
We're making some changes at BIAS designed to reduce the number of custom orders and potential for error. That said, there are more store options being put in play. We're implementing changes effective Aug. 1. While we will continue to keep prices down and costs in line, some of the deals you see now will expire.
1) We're changing our pricing structure, eliminating "kit" deals.
2) We're implementing a "Build Your Hammock" option that takes you through all the potential options for making a hammock. It's a really cool option that allows you to pick your hammock, your straps, your toggles, your ridgeline, your mods, etc. It also offers a 10 percent discount on the "Build Your Hammock" selections through use of a discount code at the end of the process.
3) Code hfmember will be active for many items on the site and will help Hammock Forum members reduce costs by 10 percent off all included items (and most items will be included). It will not be applicable with other discount codes, though.
4) Shipping on orders over $120 will be free, but it will be an either/or deal as it currently is. You can get free shipping or a 10 percent discount, but not both. Check both rates out to find out which one will save you the most money.
5) A blog has been added to the site. It gets sporadic updates late at night over a glass of Scotch after a long day in the sweatshop.
6) A Hammock Comparison Chart and a Hammock Buyer's Guide should help answer a number of FAQs. "How much does a DL mod weigh?" or "What's the weight capacity of a Camper vs. a Weight Weenie?"
So that's it for now. We've been very, very grateful to you all for your support and if you want to lock in prices on kits, order by 5 p.m. on July 31! See... we're still trying to help you give us less money!
Glad to see you took the time to explain the changes on the forums. I myself was on the site today and noticed the differences. Its a good problem to have to want to reduce the number of custom orders, thereby reducing income! Its impressive to see a company slowing their business to provide a better experience for a small customer count. Thanks for your hard work and great communication!
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26.|
Copyright ©2009 HammockForums