My first DIY Hammock
I finished my first DIY hammock tonight. I made the hammock using a 60"x126" Burgundy Crinkle Taffeta Tablecloth from Tableclothfactory.com
My thread injector is in need of some servicing, so I used the following video for the Gathered Ends of the Hammock
I plan to do a test hang in the park, before giving this hammock to my wife. I'll post some photos tomorrow weather permitting.
Double sheet bends work well but can be a pain to get undone if you don't know the disassembly method. Just grab the hammock material and pull from the standing end and the body end. Then your rope pops right off. I prefer it to lashing, but both of mine are lashed.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46.|
Copyright ©2009 HammockForums