Canada>Newfoundland>August - First Annual HOTR - Hang On The Rock
The hang will be in Central Newfoundland, mid to late August. Details to follow but it will be kid friendly.
Post suggestions for locations, activities, and interest here. I will add details to this post as time marches on.
- Likely around the Lewisporte/Gander area (Central Newfoundland)
- Precise location TBA
- Hang the hammocks
- Pitch the tents - gasp!
- Make fun of those in tents
- Build fire(s)
- Show and tell / sell /trade - gear, suspension, hammocks, quilts, etc...
- Keep kids entertained - need help on this one - I will have 2, possibly 3 kids under 10, and likely a dog
- Others - please contribute - these are my initial thoughts only and not set in stone
- Group buy on a few things like Amsteel, dutch hardware, others?? Distribute group buy stuff...
- Quick splicing workshop
- Nature hike - with mid hike trail hang and lunch
- Swimming - location dependent
- Movie night for the kids - location dependent I can get a projector ;) if there is power or someone brings a generator