I got my zipper mod in the mail the other day. This is a really great idea for the following reasons.
1) Easier entry and exit especially useful when nature calls in the middle of the night.
2) On a clear night I can now see the stars much better
3) The hammock is much more usable as a chair now
4) I no longer have to re-adjust my underquilt everytime I get in and out of the hammock
5) I can hang the hammock low to the ground and open the zipper to get at things on the ground like water or a snack or some extra warm clothing.
6) I can just swing out of the hammock and sit on the edge and put my shoes on with ease. This is not easy with the bottom exit.
All in all a great investment. The 3.5 ozs. extra weight is far out weighed by all the advantages this mod creates. Anyone owning a Hennessey Hammock should get on of these mods
"I've been through some really terrible things in my life, some of which have actually happened"