Originally Posted by kellyk7
I had seen that and that is part of what inspired me.. I guess I got caught up in what materials I could get local. (small town = no real marine store) Kind of the problem of redesigning the job to fit the tools thing.
I may take a second look at the amsteel solution, it does solve a lot of problems of wieght and the connections to the desender rings, the webbing would pull tight and you would never get them loose..
I know the small town syndrome very well.... I live there too. But my point was not so much the materials as the theory behind it. I'm a HH ring buckle guy so I didn't study it too hard but I suspect there's some good stuff in there. By all means adapt to what you have. That's what moves the knowledge base forward. I just wanted to make sure you didn't needlessly cover ground that had already been plowed.