I just returned from the 1st Annual Colorado Winter Hang. It was awesome! This was a good test for my DIY CCF Pad-Space Blanket Combo, as we were hanging at 9,600 feet and the temperature got down to 0 degrees Friday night, and then +9 degrees Saturday night. I was warm as toast both nights, with no cold spots whatsoever. This was a pleasant surprise for me, this being my initiation trip into hanging!
Variables to note:
* I put an extra 5 x 7 tarp, which was aluminized on one side, under the pads;
* My clothing: Heavy socks along with the liners to my Sorrel boots; long undies and blue jeans; t-shirt, flannel shirt, sweater and thin down vest; wool cap;
* down bag of unknown temperature rating used as a top quilt;
* Big Agnes Insulated Air Core Inflatable Pad;
* Warbonnet Blackbird hammock and Speer Winter Tarp.