YEP to all the above.
I have facilitated group buys of large dollar magnitude...and small..
- Be sure to have all your costs covered.
- Handle this as what makes sense to you. Habndling t6wo tiered pricing is really hard work. separating, ranking, etc. I would not do it.
Have ALL THE MONEY in your hands. Do not ask for shipping costs after you send it out. Some folk will be late due to family emergencies, ets. This then affects you.
- one poncho is large enough to cost extra via first class mail....have those costs in hand. I would ONLY use priority mail with DELIVERY CONFIRM as part of the post. IF I order one poncho then I will be paying more per unit costs than someone paying $10 for 5 ponchos. That's just the laws of the postal service.
Do this for what fits in your life timeline. Don't expect to grab ten ponchos and box em and label em in a quick manner. You have a baby on the way or just had one? time impacts.
- I wouild see how many ponchos fit in the largest PRIORITY MAIL FLAT RATE BOX. Compress them in there tight...then you have a better idea of postage cost.
- Is UPS handy at your house? UPS is easy to set up an account. they will pick up one or more boxes at your door...this way you can have all sorts of size packages to go out.
- You need a good scale for this project...or a nice person at the post office to weigh these things up.
- POST office will pick up priority mail at the steps of your house.
- you will NOT please EVERYONE involved in this group buy. seldom happens...BUT you'll do your best
- BACK to have all the money in hand for the goods before sending these out.
If I had the money I would take this on as it can be done..easily...BUT I don't work and I can spread this over several days and nights.....
I'm disappointed that I can't be of service with the money end.