Originally Posted by WonderMonkey
I'd gladly participate and accept things "as is" but if I was you I might back off this endeavor unless you can see them in person. I'd hate for someone willing to stick their neck out for the good of the group have this turn out to be a nightmare for them.
Well, that last few posts have really made me re-think this endeavor. All of the lots of woobies are in Oklahoma, and we don't have any HF members who are close enough to make a site inspection an easy task.
I also received word back from the shipping crew and found the prices just double with more boxes (somewhat expected).
I hate to disappoint everyone, but I think the best decision will be to not pursue this bid at this time. New lots come up periodically, and perhaps when one comes closer (in my case, Arizona), I will be able to get on site and make a better determination.
One other options I will look into is to check with my local surplus store and see if they would let me buy a bin through them -- I'd like to see what kind of "wholesale" discount they might offer, now that I know how the pricing works.