Report on initial outing
Today I took the BB out to some land we own and set it up. It took a few attempts to get the ridgeline at/near the right tension. Because I was anxious to get out there I forgot to take a couple of stakes for the tieouts, but that was no big deal. I had nothing to put on the shelf anyway, and I could prop my left arm up to keep the bug net out of my face during the brief "spin around the block." I've determined that I need to mark which end of the bag is the foot end or head end. When stuffing it back into the bag I found myself taking the strap down from one tree, throwing the hammock over one shoulder and pulling it over the shoulder as I stuffed it into the bag. If y'all have found a better way, please share it. I took the webbing off and stuffed it into the bad on each end after the hammock was in, but next time I think I'll attach it to the buckles then cram the rest in.
Next project is to get the tarp. I'm trying to spread the cost of this operation out over several months, so it's one piece at a time. I'm considering the BIg Mamajamba or the MacCat Deluxe. I'm gong for something mid-range as far as size. I'm not yet a gram geek, and do want to get significant coverage without having to go to the biggest size, e.g., Superfly.