OK folks, this is a done deal! I have been given the green light by Greenwood County Lake Management for this event to take place. Goat Island is now reserved for May 19, 2011 thru May 22, 2011. I will try to get out to the island on Wednesday or Thursday to post the permit. I can provide a copy of the permit to anyone wanting to come in on Thursday just in case I can't make it to the island in time.
I would like this to be considered a FAMILY friendly event. We will set aside camp sites 1, 2, and 3 for FAMILIES and sites 4 and 5 will be reserved for the more mature campers.
Below are a list of the County restrictions for the island. Please read them and be willing to abide by them (at least most of them. an exception might be made for the first prohibited item in #6 as long as it is discreet and in moderation).
We had a GREAT time with a GREAT group of people last year with this and I am looking forward to this year's hang and meeting even more hammock enthusiasts.
1. No cutting of trees shall be permitted on the Island, or destruction of trees and other plant
2. Absolutely no littering. All trash and litter brought to the Island must be removed by the
expiration of this permit.
3. Campfires must be built in such a way as to prevent spread of the fire and must be
completely extinguished prior to the expiration of this permit. Fires can only be used to burn
dead wood gathered on the Island or brought to the Island. Burning trash is prohibited.
4. There will be no camping in the backside of the Island facing the Greenwood County
shoreline. All campsites must face the lake body.
5. This permit is good for one campsite, not to exceed the number of tents indicated below. No
campsite may be located within 100 ft of another site.
6. The use of alcohol or illegal drugs is absolutely prohibited.
7. This permit is only for the period and time shown below, and for the person to whom it is
issued. This permit is not transferable.
8. Any violation of the above provisions of this permit will result in the immediate revocation of
same, the forfeiture of the privilege to receive future permits, and/or prosecution for
criminal and civil liabilities that might arise from these violations.
9. Number in party must not exceed 10 persons per site unless approved otherwise.
10. Checkout time is 2 pm.