2qzq & bridge hammock:
my prelim. tests did not show promise, but thats not say i've exercised all the options and am giving up.
i first attempted to attach the UQP using it "as is". i clipped an s-biner to the fixed loop of shockcord on the UQP. then attached it to the main suspension ring of the bridge. i did this at both the head and foot end.
did not work. the UQP assumes the shape of a gathered end hmmk and did not clear the corners. it also hung a little loose under the hmmk.
i then tried to attach the uqp in the same manner jrb recommends attaching a full length quilt to the bridge. http://www.jacksrbetter.com/UQ%20Installation.htm
problem is, the UQP is too long, and it sags too far. the UQP is 106" long and 64" wide.. while the jrb quilts are Length: 78 inches Width: 48 inches otherwise it would fit perfectly. this got me thinking.....
i returned to attaching the UQP to the main suspension ring on the bridge. but this time i ran the shockcord around the spreader bars, so the UQP would assume the dims of the bridge. this will work, i think, however it seems the stock shockcord 2qzq provide is too short. and i'm all out of shockcord to mod it right now.
the fit is NOT PERFECT, but with the some manipulating and adjustment, it will work.
so my plan is to undo the fixed loop of shockcord on the end channels of the UQP, and instead install a cordlock. i also plan to use a longer length of shockcord. the cordlock will allow premium adjustment and really dial in the necessary lengths.
sorry no pics just yet. when i get it dialed in... hopefully this evening, i'll snap a few.
the UQP is awesome though. the side channel adjustments are awesome. the overall feel and quality is unrivaled. very nice piece of gear. this will likely be a permanent fixture in my kit, on both the bridge and wbbb / HH