Test #5 (probably the last)
- Create a triangle patch from 1.1 sil-nylon. Hem exposed edges ½ inch fold once. Use a string 2.5mm stitch to hem.
- Use a 4mm rolled hem with special presser foot. 2.5mm straight stitch. Feed raw edge of patch through.
- Sew patch to the tarp with a 1.5mm long & wide zigzag stitch
- Sew 1” grosgrain to the tarp top with a 1.5mm long & wide zigzag stitch parallel to the edge
- Sew 3, 1.5mm long & wide zigzag stitch from the base of the hem out. One left one center and one right.
Result: I can lift 100 pounds
(strap together two barbells) of weight. I tested this 5 times and observed no visible wear at all. This is the most elegant design I could come up with and it is amazingly simple to accomplish.
"It's all a vicious Mobius strip of stress" Jack Wallen
Last edited by NomadicPsyche; 03-12-2011 at 22:59..
Reason: spelling errors