Not to derail the thread, but. . .
I was subject to a pretty good shock when I was in the Army when a bolt of lightening struck our generator, traveled down our light-set cord which was, of course, just strung along the couple of inches of water that were collecting in our tent - which also happened to include a number of booted feet. Some folks got burned, but I just ended up knocked up into the air.
Needless to say, I try to pay attention to it, but out in the piney-woods, sometimes you just have to hope for the best!