I have spent the last couple of hours, adding 20 inches of 3/32 shock chord, with micro chord locks on one end, attaching it to a Warbonnet Traveler Single 1.7 at the foot end and opposite side, the head end taking up the slack in the hammock sides which has always annoyed me alittle. Attached to the hammock before beginning was a full length UQ 40 degree down made for me by Underground Quilts, and at each end I had already attached by hand sewing on some of Dutch's Quilt hooks for holding the hammock at each side end of it on all 4 corners of the quilt,, where it fit.
What I did was take a large sewing needle that the end was hooked, and this needle was about 1/16th dia above the point of it, heated the needle and then gingerly poked/melted a hole in the side hem of the hammock about a half inch from where I had the quilt hooks attached. That took me about 15 minutes per hole, 2 holes each at the foot run and head run. Then I threaded the 3/32 shock chord thru the hem that warbonnet had made to the sides of the hammock feeding it thru for 20 inches and when I got the end out, then I threaded it thru the eye of Dutch's Quilt hook for the stopper, tied a knot in the end of the shock chord. At the other end of the shock chord attached a micro chord lock (3/32nd shock chord and micro chord locks gotten from Arrowhead Equipment) and each side works perfect in taking the slack up at the head and foot on each side of the hammock. I also hand sewed around each hole with a very small sewing needle and nylon thread thru the hem on one side and around also strengthening where I had made my melted hole for inserting shock chord. I have been in and out of the hammock for the last couple of hours stretching it every way crosslaying in it and no signs of wear anywhere where I melted the holes or in the hammock anywhere. I must say,,the Underquilt attached, and the sides pulled more taunt, gives me a better coverage and absolutely no quilt slippage as everything is attached at the end of the quilt, with a Dutch Quilt hook. The sides of the quilt are very conforming to the hamoock, and I have gotten rid of all the slack in the hammock, lay is equally the same as in the Traveler with nothing falling out, as I have a 50 degree TQ and pillow in the hammock and they are staying put. When I now get out of the hammock, the sides of it are equal to the top of the quilt from one end to the other end. I am very pleased with the results and will keep everybody posted as to the wear and tear of using Warbonnets seams along the hammock. However,,I see no bad vibes from doing this as long as your very careful with melting a hole in only one side of the small seam.
Last edited by Acer; 01-22-2012 at 15:19..