Originally Posted by thehikingengineer
What did those of you who've already used yours overnight think of the SB Pro in terms of comfort? On a related note, have any of you tried sleeping in it with a foam pad?
I have... I think $ for $, this is a terrific hammock.
1) Comfortable - This hammock has a "big canvas" for a single hammock. Lots of room to sprawl out and the fabric is soft.
2) Ease of use (all in 1 design).
3) Sturdy - Good materials and well crafted for durability.
4) Tremendously affordable.
1) Suspension system is not tree friendly (ropes can cut into the cambrian layer).
2) All-in-one design may not work for some folks.
3) No usable ridgeline (non-structural ridgeline is above the bug screen).
Pads slip and slide in any hammock and this one is no exception. Most hammockers start off with a foam pad. Most hammockers end up with underquilts. The GTSB won't change that.