Originally Posted by Alamosa
WOW, is Warbonnet really this untouchable. The OP stated it was his mistake, he has looked locally, already ordered from Warbonnet, and was simply giving a heads up to others who may make the same mistake.
Why all the harsh posts? (Simply saying it isn't harsh when you see it sounds harsh yourself, doesn't take the edge away.) They really just confuse the thread from those trying to give constructive assistance.
Who is doing the confusion??
1. Online forums are a funny thing... the thread isn't a time line as in a conversation. Some post's came in before the OP last post, in my case I read his last and others after I hit post. So, yes he responded to the suggestions made by others and made his point much better in the later post.
2. Some weren't harsh, some were funny. Nails in trees. LOL.
3. There is a difference between constructive criticism/assistance and non-constructive complaining. Constructive criticism is where one offers solutions as well as pointing out problems. What solutions did the OP offer in his original first post? What have you offered?
4. Many followup posters offered alternatives and solutions to the problem he found himself in, this is constructive. One poster even offered free biners. How harsh is that!
5. The title of the thread is inflammatory. Maybe a better choice would have been: "Remember: Get the Biners". Much different tone. Or maybe even posted the last email first. Very different tone.
6. I think generally there is an expectation to clear things up through email posts with the vender first and then post what has been tried to resolve the situation to make it better for others later. That would've been constructive.
7. Brendon can do no wrong?? LOL. Right. China, price increases, calf ridge, all good search terms to bust this bubble.
8. Sorry if I said anything harsh. Still waiting for my trees to grow... maybe it's making me grumpy.