FINALLY. I got some 1.1 in the mail today and promptly went to work. I spent about an hour and a half and got all the pieces cut up. I had a little trouble figuring out which side of the ripstop was calendered. Both sides looked shiny to me. Even if I didn't, the pieces are symmetrical so I can just flip one over. I was able to tape the ripstop down on my hardwood floor so I could draw and cut the body pieces, but the netting was a little trickier. My final solution was to mark 2.5" sections with Scotch tape and cut along the counter edge like so:
I found it to be pretty effective, although not perfect. But it's good enough for the type of government work I'm doing. So now I'm looking at spacing and sewing all the baffles on both sides, stuffing the down, and stitching it all shut nice and pretty before Wednesday lunchtime. Here's to a DIY marathon tomorrow!