Hi, I am going to complete the PCT in 3 sections - the first section in 2013 from Campo to Lone Pine - about 750 miles. Start date April 7, for about 45 days plus or minus. I am assuming no bug protection is needed for this section. My sleeping plan (just got everything organized / weighed today) is as follows:
- 14.8oz Warbonnet Traveler Hammock / with stock strap suspension, dutch buckles, cuben fiber stuff sack, ridge line organizer
- 7.7oz HammockGear Cuben fiber hex hammock tarp, 1.2 oz snakeskins from Mountain Goat
- 10.9oz ZPacks Hexamid Solo Plus Tarp, with cuben fiber ground sheet, stuff sack (for when I need to go to ground)
- 3.2oz 6.5 inch ti J stakes (10) and cuben fiber stake sack
- 15.1oz NeoAir Large (25X76) XLite sleeping pad w/ patch kit, stuff sack (will use for both hammock and ground)
- 26.0oz ZPacks 20 Degree 900 Fill Down Sleeping Bag/quilt + 1 oz overfill (W, XL), down hood, cuben fiber dry bag. I used this bag on the JMT this year, and loved it!
- 2.7oz Exped Air Pillow (luxury item)
Total of 40.5 oz (2.5 lbs) - my base weight is looking like just under 15 lbs.