Originally Posted by mdmcfar
OK so it's sunny and 66 degrees with a light breeze...I had to put up the HH. Found a couple of trees in the woods behind the house and slung it. When I learn how to post on this forum I'll put up a picture.
1) I need longer tree huggers than the standard.
2) Tied with the figure 8 but already knew I wanted to get the carabiner rapeling rings setup for quick setup and adjustment.
3) Will want to string a separate higher line for the fly.
4) Need to make sure I don't hang it too high needs to be just right sitting height.
5) Take your keys and wallet out BEFORE you lay down.
6) Don't lay down in it on a beautiful day unless you have time for a long nap!
7) I was quite cool underneath which will be great in the summer time but will require proper insulation when needed.
Now to find another warm day and night to camp!
Sounds like you are getting the hang of it. Horrible pun intended.