1. Might just be a matter of getting used to how close the bug net is on these types of hammocks. Even on my Explorer the net is near the face.
2. I either turn my bag on its side and use as a top quilt or use an actual top quilt. What are you using for under side insulation?
3. Absolutely! Did it to both my HHs. 2Q and ZQ are wonderful people and easy to do business with.
2. An Explorer might fit you better but it's bigger and thus heavier.
3. Don't forget to consider other great brands like Warbonnet, etc.