FYI for the DIY hangers.
Done - Almost
Its not that complicated the way I did it but its a lot of machine time.
5-6 hours including the pattern.
Sewing the final webbing wrap area around the corners at the area of the spreader bar ends is very tricky.
Closing the ends is tricky too, but overall just a lot of machine time.
I just dropped my ends straight down and did a french seam.
Thats tricky because you are sewing into a corner so I need to finish it a bit better in the corner.
1.9 oz ripstop shell and 1oz ripstop pad sleeve and 3/8 strap per above from strap works but bigger dimensions since I am 6-3. Actually slightly bigger than the dimensions above in the linked Jpeg
Shell weighs 15 oz and the 2 poles from Quest weigh 10 oz but I think I can get hiking poles to work.
I did not integrate the strap ends into the main strap like Egrant did. I actually jumped in too quick and thought I remembered he had separate end straps, oh well.
Pinned and cut the shell and sleeve.
Hemmed the interior pad sleeve ends then sewed it to the shell.
Closed the ends of the shell with french seams. Just straight down for now.
Sewed the 3/8 webbing all the way around the edge starting at one end 6" off center of one end and lapping one foot. I then double rolled the edge and sewed all the way around, twice. Might do another down the center. I did not sew each fold so I would be missing one stitch row from griz instructions.
Then added the (4) 8" long pieces for the spreader bars exactly like the linked photo from Egrant. The correct distance I found between the closest bar tacks is 3/4" for the pin for the quest poles.
Then added a 20" strap at each end on the outside with a 1" loop in the end so 9" of bearing. Hopefully I wont hit the ground.
I just bar tacked all the straps in 2 places just to make sure everything fit and did a test weightless hang. Looks good so far.
Was late so will finish bar tacking it today and give it a real test drive.