I have not modded it yet, but here is what I am thinking about doing:
1. experiment with a shortened suspension triangle by replacing the dogbones with shorter ones. Acer said he shortened his with good results.
2. figure out a way to make my current hiking poles work as spreader bars or replace my current hiking poles with ones that could do it. (currently use an older set of BD countours. Brandon said that you need to use the straight handles for this, so I will have to get inventive.)
3. replace the current suspension (adjustable webbing) with something lighter that still has a short minimum hang distance. whoopies and UCR's are most likely out, since they increase the minimum hang distance. Maybe I will fool around with Single Ring Suspension. At the very least, I will be waiting for dutch to put out a Ti cinch buckle. You could remove the stock d ring, continuous loop, and descender triangles and larks head a cinch buckle directly to the dogbones, thereby reducing your minimum hang distance by 8" or so.
4. I will be replacing all the cord locks with lighter, smaller models.
5. I will be replacing the stuff sack with cuben.