Needs more Hang time
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Durham, NC
Tarp: CatCut Hex/GG12
Insulation: Fur I grow myself
Suspension: Of Disbelief
A simple order, not unlike many here:
- Find suitable trees, preferably with a natural wind break
- Rig tarp, leave in skins if not raining.
- Hang hammock
- Attach UQ
- Take hammock for a test lay
- Adjust suspension to good sitting height with foot end slightly higher
- Repeat steps 5 & 6 as neccessary
- Peel myself out of now super comfortable hammock
- Place TQ, footpad &/or reflectix pad in hammock
- Fill up water vessels and filter/treat as neccessary
- If having a fire, gather and prep firewood
- If first night out tossed foil rolled potato in coals of fire and suspend steak above flames, otherwise boil water to rehydrate dinner
- Watch Caveman TV, while eating dinner and listening the sounds of the woods.
- Once the fire is out, snuggle into the downy goodness of the hammock
- Wake up and wonder where the night went.
*Heaven best have trees, because I plan to lounge for eternity.
Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement. - Mark Twain
Trail name: Radar
2014 Smoked Butt Hang Planning Thread
| Sign up Sheet