i have grouped together some of the stuff that i may want to have handy as i hike at times.
it's not likely that i'll have all these things up front at the same time, but these are the things that i sometimes like to have at hand & the groups that i put them into, followed by where they might ride.
1) mini LED... on lanyard around neck.
2) knife, mini bic... in front pockets.
3) chapstick, soap, mini vile w/ advil... in mini stuff sack in front pocket.
4) note paper, pen, compass, whistle... in cut off soft soap bottle.
5) trail food & trash... in small belt bag.
6) digital camera... in cut off soft soap bottle.
7) map... still working on the best way to have that accessible, but out of the way.
i'm thinking of having groups 4, 5, & 6 attached w/ clips. then in camp they can be made more easily accessible by clipping them to the hammock side, ridge line, or support webbing.
also, on the storage underneath both ends of the hammock, i'm going to try attaching it at three points... first to the hammock end (at the whipping), and then on both sides using clips.
don`t leave the CREATOR out of the creation!