Well guys...just jumped back into hammocks since my scout days back in the 80s. Got a free GTSBP so I thought I would try it out. First hang was great, but really needs a ridgeline as you all suggest.
I was concerned about getting the position of the hole just right so I didn't tear the netting, so in order to give me some adjustability - I added Velcro to each end. I used the reusable cable ties. Since I am not great at sewing, it allowed me to sandwich netting between two pieces - then sew together. I then sewed the ends of the velcro so it could not tear out.
Little bit different than the previous mod but so far so good....