Hammock
    Hennessy Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    HH Stock or Hex
    Insulation
    Clothes, Pad, S.B.
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Hi, BillyBob58. I've vapor barriered this Winter, though, perhaps not in a way one most commonly experiences, and perhaps not in a way that is in anywise meaningful to your query. I simply make well-enough-do with a heavy, "old style" army poncho as my outermost layer, over my distinctly non-advanced clothing layers when I hang up for the night. I've always found that with enough of layering, I don't experience excessive saturation, and the cooling of the evaporative process (When I ditch the poncho at breakfast.), is not chilling. Indeed, I keep that warm, rosy glow all through the chill of the day, and only a little effort at wood processing, or a moment by the fire, will keep me comfy 'til bedtime. I hope this is a worthy contribution to the thread.

Hammock
    Argon 11 ft or HH BKUL
    Tarp
    Asym DIY Pole Mod
    Insulation
    DIY, Jarbrige,HHSS
    Suspension
    Lashings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by oldpappy View Post
    Stephenson's warmlite VB shirt - The last experiment I plan to do this spring is to wear my VB clothing for an entire week if the weather during that trip will allow it.
    The weather allowed me to test the wearing of my VB shirt for a continuous 3 night 4 day test while trout fishing. Temp range was mid 40F's in the day to the lows of between 28F to 34F with high gusty winds throughout the week (20MPH gusting to 35 or 40 MPH - occasionally higher).

VB shirt allowed me to stay comfortable with just a Gortex lightly insulated outer shell (spring/fall jacket), chamois shirt, tee shirt and VB next to skin. Just took the jacket/shoes off to sleep.
    Blue jeans, hiking shoes and a warm hat were not VB related.

I walked/fished an average of 16,000 steps a day (8 miles) in rugger/hilly terrain. Never felt sweaty, but fished/walked at an easy pace.

Observations:
    1) After this continuous use there was NO odor other than a mild campfire smell - inside the shirt had no perceivable odor (tested by my wife).
    2) I was much cleaner than on other similar trips - no clammy/dirty/greasiness and no B.O. under the VB shirt.
    3) Getting out of the hammock for middle of night break and in early morning was much more pleasant - less of a shock - almost comfortable.

Only con was that upon returning home and showering/changing into clean clothing I felt much colder than I normally would - I was easily chilled. I assume I got use to the VB and when it was removed I felt every slight breeze. This lasted until the next morning.

That's it for this year - Next year we'll learn some more.
    Enjoying the simple things in life -
    Own less, live more.

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456