JRB Nest ,will it work with a standard (TW jungle) hammock ?

I am keen to get an UQ, i recently got myself a Hennessy exped with a Super Shelter kit (SS), although i am sure (and have been reassured)that this will be adequate in Australian(winter)alpine conditions approx 0c to -6c thats 32 to 20 fahrenheit approx. The Hennessy is a new addition to my kit and as much as its a great set up ,I definitely still like my Tenth Wonder Jungle hammock and i don't know if i will give up using it, the TW jungle'r has a material over cover,zippered that as well as a great bug net, adds approx 15-20c added warmth, its amazing the differance it makes, usually i have to peg it open as its too warm closed,it ha a extra bottom w/p cover that velcro's on and its a larger hammock than the HH exped (no i dont want to upgrade to a bigger HH as i have the relevant SS now) and then there is the issue of being able to put your thermos on ground beside you ,with a snack or more and being able to reach out and get things as required ,(cigarette also).
    Well the question is.
    The jrb nest, will it wrap around a standard type gathered end hammock or is it only good for the HH ?
    Does anybody do this, swap out the hammocks with a nest ?
    any photo's of the nest on a standard hammock
    Thanks fellas , i am sure somebody will know these answers . I must also mention Jack did reassure me it would work with a standard hammock but from foto's i have seen it does not look right, how would it work ?
    Josh
    Above is the TW jungle'r

Hammock
    DH Darien/DIY
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    JrB, HG, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    We have used a Nest on HH bottom entry, WBBB, tablecloth full time hammock in my room, and my wife uses it when she camps in her BMBH.

Works great for all.

So it can be slung underneath like a cigarette paper? And pulled up under the hammock?

Hammock
    DH Darien/DIY
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    JrB, HG, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshD View Post
    So it can be slung underneath like a cigarette paper?
    I don't understand what you mean by that.

But the Nest is just a regular full length UQ with a slit at the foot end that matches the slit in the HH bottom entry.

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodust View Post
    But the Nest is just a regular full length UQ with a slit at the foot end that matches the slit in the HH bottom entry.
    In essence, it's a rectangle with drawstrings on each end. Yes there's a slit on one end but it closes completely with its omni-tape. If rectangular is what you mean by cigarette paper, then yes to that too.

I don't know of a gathered end hammock that it would not work on. I've had a couple over the years, in fact still have one and although we've not used it for its bottom entry flexibility, it has seen much use over the years, (with no noticeable wear for that mater).
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

Hammock
    DH Darien/DIY
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    JrB, HG, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleMJM View Post
    In essence, it's a rectangle with drawstrings on each end. Yes there's a slit on one end but it closes completely with its omni-tape. If rectangular is what you mean by cigarette paper, then yes to that too.

I don't know of a gathered end hammock that it would not work on. I've had a couple over the years, in fact still have one and although we've not used it for its bottom entry flexibility, it has seen much use over the years, (with no noticeable wear for that mater).
    Exactly. It is a wonderful/flexible piece of gear. Glad I purchased.

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    I have The Nest and use it with my classic (bottom) opening HH. I also use it on my tablecloth hammocks. All you have to do is zip the Velcro on The Nest together and it is just like any other UQ.

Yeah rectangular, cigarette paper. I was concerned it would be boat shaped. Well that answers my question thanks to all of you
    Josh

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    It will work on any hammock as the slit can be closed on itself, thus becoming a rectangular UQ that fits any gathered end or bridge hammock.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

• + New Posts