Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 103
  1. #81
    Old Gorge Rat Hawk-eye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Posts
    10,111
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by fulminated View Post
    The grand canyon?
    Grand Canyon of the east ... Linville Gorge Wilderness area ...

    WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.


    "A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin


    Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream


    Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

  2. #82
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    south carolina
    Hammock
    none
    Tarp
    none
    Posts
    849
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-eye View Post
    Grand Canyon of the east ... Linville Gorge Wilderness area ...
    I've seen skidder ruts deeper than that

    Seriously though, have fun there. My brother visited the caves near there and said it's really pretty looking.
    I have heard your confession I know who you blame
    If you had it all back you'd just lose it again
    Can't bank on redemption if you ain't saved
    Don't bring me your tales of temptation and loss
    Don't bring me the pieces of your shattered cross

    -- Stuart Adamson

  3. #83
    Old Gorge Rat Hawk-eye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Posts
    10,111
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by fulminated View Post
    I've seen skidder ruts deeper than that
    Well come on up and we'll show you some deep skidder ruts! It's up to 20 folks this hang ... so looking forward to a great time ... AND I get to finally meet SHUG ... not too shabby!

    WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.


    "A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin


    Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream


    Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

  4. #84
    Senior Member ricegravy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lexington, SC
    Hammock
    WarBonnet BlackBird!!!!
    Tarp
    BIG FLY (3x4m.)
    Insulation
    SnugFit & JRB HR
    Posts
    613
    Images
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-eye View Post
    AND I get to finally meet SHUG ... not too shabby!
    Wooo Buddy!

    _______________________
    "Humiliate your surroundings"

  5. #85
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    south carolina
    Hammock
    none
    Tarp
    none
    Posts
    849
    I'd love to be able to come up, but it's in the middle of the week right? I have no more vacation days left. It's weekenders for me that are close by until next year. Next year, I'm hoping to get a weeklong trip in one go.

    Having a job with very little vacation time sucks, but at least I have a job.
    I have heard your confession I know who you blame
    If you had it all back you'd just lose it again
    Can't bank on redemption if you ain't saved
    Don't bring me your tales of temptation and loss
    Don't bring me the pieces of your shattered cross

    -- Stuart Adamson

  6. #86
    Senior Member Trugracie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kannapolis, NC
    Hammock
    Hammock Bliss
    Tarp
    Etowah 10x12
    Insulation
    DIY IX UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Posts
    161
    Well guys, it's gonna be two less people here.
    I noticed that the weather turned out to be a little nasty.
    According to the weather channel, there seems to be t-storms for both Saturday and Sunday.
    To be honest with you, I'm not geared for rainy weather, and since I would have my boy with me, I don't think he'll enjoy siting under a tarp for a couple days.
    Hopefully next time!!!
    Don't let up until you hear cartilage snap, or they crap in their pants. Sal Bandini

  7. #87
    Senior Member Dameon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lexington, SC
    Hammock
    Treklite Double
    Tarp
    SG 12 x 12 camo
    Insulation
    CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Rings!
    Posts
    242
    Images
    3
    We have a 30 percent chance of scattered storms on sat, 40 percent chance on sun and virtually no chance on fri!!!! Be cautious if you feel you need to be, but I'd be surprised if it rains more than a couple hours all three days combined!
    Relax, monsters under the hammock are easily distracted by twister-playing squirrels.

  8. #88
    Senior Member DougTheElder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Aiken, South Carolina
    Posts
    504
    Images
    4
    30% chance of rain is 70% chance of no rain, right? 'Course, anecdotal evidence suggests we get rain more often when there's a 30% chance than when there's a 70% chance. Don't know if the data supports that or not. However, when you're wet, you're wet, regardless of the odds.
    Sometimes even a Blind Hog finds an Acorn

  9. #89
    Senior Member salmonofdoubt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Hammock
    In a SkeeterBeaterPro...for now
    Posts
    130
    From NOAA :

    Friday: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 88. Calm wind becoming southwest between 11 and 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

    Friday Night: A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 69. Southwest wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

    Saturday: A slight chance of showers, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 84. West wind between 3 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

    Saturday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 63. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

    Sunday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 77. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

    Most of the rain should be in the afternoons/evenings, so we should be OK for paddling Sat. morning.
    A free canoe is better than no canoe.

  10. #90
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    south carolina
    Hammock
    none
    Tarp
    none
    Posts
    849
    It rained in hot springs. I still had a great time.

    This should prove no different. I'll be leaving bright and early tomorrow morning around 6am. See you folks there.
    I have heard your confession I know who you blame
    If you had it all back you'd just lose it again
    Can't bank on redemption if you ain't saved
    Don't bring me your tales of temptation and loss
    Don't bring me the pieces of your shattered cross

    -- Stuart Adamson

Similar Threads

  1. Congaree National Park?
    By Paulie in forum Southeast
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-14-2012, 20:59
  2. Congaree Swamp National Park 12-26-2011
    By swampfox in forum Trip Reports
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-04-2012, 05:46
  3. Congaree national swamp
    By kgbenson in forum Hangouts, Campouts, and Trip Planning
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-20-2011, 14:23
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 20:07
  5. My First Hang [Congaree National Park]
    By Pawfoot in forum Trip Reports
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-23-2009, 18:38

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •