Hammock
    DH Dangerbird 11' 2 layer
    Tarp
    SLD Multicam
    Insulation
    Solar Ridgerest
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle

Got my Custom Made Pak-It-Lite F.O.B. Hammock!

This is my 2nd Pak-It-Lite FOB hammock from Tony. I loved my 1st one, but had an idea to custom make a 2nd one for more of a "true" 4 season hammock. Normally the FOB comes with one window with screen that has a panel that you can zip up for colder weather. This hammock has proven to be very effective and warm so far (at least down to 38*, the lowest it's got here so far this year). But in Indiana it can get pretty warm and humid in the summer and I felt one window wouldn't give me the air circulation I needed. So, I contacted Tony and told him what I needed and this is the result:

I also purchased the new suspension system for it. I love it! Really makes set up time quick and if you can't get the Amstel to relax (which I've had troubles with before on earlier set ups) you can always release the buckle on the tree straps.

Tony really has done his homework with his hammocks, very quality oriented and well thought out. I've heard his hammocks being referred to as more of a "tactical" hammock, but that's exactly what I was looking for. I'm not a backpacker but more of a Prepper/Survivalist. This hammock will be my home away from home if crap hits the fan. Tony includes amenities in his hammocks that I just love. A ridge line accessory pouch that has pockets on both sides (4 on one side and 2 larger on the other). The larger pockets easily hold my full size Glock handily in reach. There is also a suspended suction cup from the ridge line that you can attach your cell or Ipad to that lets you be hands free to watch videos or what ever. At each end there are web loops to hang your light or a battery operated fan like I do. There are generous pockets on each side of hammock that you stuff extra clothing etc in. The pad pocket is already designed in to what I believe is a 30* lie angle. The hammock bed is aprox 59" and length of the hammock is 8', 5" with the weight being 2 lbs. While this may seem short to some, I'm 6', 220 lbs and a side sleeper and with the design of the hammock I'm very comfy with lots of room. I ordered and payed for my hammock on a Thursday and received it on Tuesday with Monday being Columbus day and no mail deliveries that day. Pretty awesome turn around time! I'm actually thinking of sending my first FOB back and having it customized with a 2nd window also. The only con I can come up with is that I wish I'd ordered it earlier in the year so that I could've enjoyed it more.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Nice looking setup. 59" wide would be a bit narrower than I like though.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Tarp
    SLD Multicam
    Insulation
    Solar Ridgerest
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    The way you hang in it doesn't feel narrow at all. I'm very comfy and being a side sleeper I have no problem curling up or lying semi on my stomach.

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Glad to see some feedback on Pak-It-Lite hammocks. There's way too little info on the website.

Hammock
    Tarp
    SLD Multicam
    Insulation
    Solar Ridgerest
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    What info would everyone like? I could talk to Tony and have him put it on his website. He really is all about customer satisfaction.

Hammock
    http://camphammocks.com
    Tarp
    Peaked Fly
    Insulation
    PAK-IT-LITE System
    Suspension
    Toggled Suspension
    Images
    Thanks Fuzzy!
    Tony Kramer
    Sea Kayak Instructor/ Guide
    http://theseakayaker.com
    Owner/Designer of PAK-IT-LITE.LLC Hammocks & Outdoor gear.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Peaked Fly
    Insulation
    PAK-IT-LITE System
    Suspension
    Toggled Suspension
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hutzelbein View Post
    Glad to see some feedback on Pak-It-Lite hammocks. There's way too little info on the website.
    A call is all it takes to answer your questions.
    Tony Kramer
    Sea Kayak Instructor/ Guide
    http://theseakayaker.com
    Owner/Designer of PAK-IT-LITE.LLC Hammocks & Outdoor gear.

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by theseakayaker View Post
    A call is all it takes to answer your questions.
    Thanks, but the phone is not a good option for everybody. In my case, there is a considerable time difference, and although my English is not too bad, it's not always easy to understand somebody you are not used to on the phone. It's easier to read, especially if there are photos to illustrate.

In case you're interested, here are a couple of suggestions of what you could add to your website to make it easier for potential buyers to understand what they're looking at.

• The exact specs for each hammock would help to get an idea if the hammock is suited to the intended user. I know that you say your hammocks are constructed in a special way so that the pure specs are not necessarily meaningful - but not giving them won't convince those who would like to know more. It's not clear whether the length of 8'5" is the ridgeline length, or the hammock body length. Most hammock makers give the hammock body length and width as well as ridgeline length. It's also not clear if the quoted weight includes suspension and other add-ons that might be exchanged by the owner. I'd always like to know the weight of the hammock only.
    • It's difficult to understand the differences between your hammock models. After studying your website closely, I think that the F.O.B. and the F.O.B. in Olive Drab are the same hammock, with the only difference being the fabric and fabric color. It doesn't explain the weight difference of 6oz, which is considerable if you just don't like camo. Then it's not clear what the differences between the F.O.B. and the ReconMN are. Again, after studying the pictures, I assume that the ReconMN is basically the same as the F.O.B. but with mosquito netting instead of fabric (?). But why does it weigh 32oz. when the netting should make it lighter? And what's the difference between your Scout models? Why is the weight different?
    • Pictures of the inside of your hammocks, especially the features like the pockets would be nice.
    • If I would like to, could I exchange the suspension for something else, like e.g. whoopies? If not, why?
    • Currently you have one video that is supposed to do it all. I prefer to have videos for different questions. One for "how do I hang this hammock?"; another one that shows the models and features. I would watch the latter first, to see if I'm interested at all. When I start watching and have to sit through several minutes of "this is how you hang the hammock", I might not get to the part that shows the features. I might decide that the whole thing is too strange (compared to other hammock suspension) and quit before getting to the more interesting part.
    • More photos would be very nice. Maybe happy customers could contribute.
    • Since your hammocks have a special construction, and you claim that although they seem to be quite short, they still provide ample room for taller users - why not show it? With photos and/or a video. A picture says more than a thousand words.
    • do underquilts work with your hammocks as well (since they seem to be cut differently than other hammocks), or do you have to use a pad?
    • if you do custom work, what is possible? For example, if I wanted a lighter fabric because I'm only half the weight of the weight limit (but my back would appreciate a couple less ounces because I'm not as big and strong as somebody weighing 200lbs) would you do it? If I wanted a cross-over between the winter and summer hammock (like e.g. the DH DangerBird), could it be done?
    • Shipping costs to Germany seem excessive with $71.75 for one hammock only. I have ordered with lots of US shops. Even two hammocks with tarps are usually around $50. If I have to pay more than usual, it would help to know why - and if there are options. (This obviously only applies for international customers; I assume you do most business with Americans. But there is a growing market outside the US.)

Those were just a couple of the thoughts I had. There probably is more information on the website than it seems on the first glance, but I don't really want to read it from A-Z and watch all the videos to get the answers to some basic questions. The first thing I do when I'm interested in any product is to find the page that gives me the overview and specs. If I don't get that, I have to be very interested to keep looking. It's simply so much easier to understand what I'm looking at if I get the overview first.

Your hammocks look very interesting, so it's a pity that they are not discussed more here. Maybe with more info on the website, this could change.

Hammock
    Tarp
    SLD Multicam
    Insulation
    Solar Ridgerest
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    I'm not sure if Tony can answer any questions here as I think there are Vender restrictions on "chiming in" on their products. I'm not sure why, as I feel it would be a good way for venders to answer questions about their products.

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Sorry, you're right - I forgot that this was the "Review" section. Mods, you can delete or move my post if you feel it shouldn't be here.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast