HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow20
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Angry Not a Happy Camper... HG FAIL

My experience with Hammock Gear has not been pleasant...

I ordered two identical Incubator 20's (Camo & Black) and 2 Burrow 20's: 1 Orange/Black (Regular); and 1 Red/Black (Long and Wide). I ordered different colors to differentiate between the two sizes.

Unfortunately, what I received was 2 Red/Black Burrows. Original leadtime was fine at 13 days, but it took another 11 days before I receive (tomorrow) what I originally ordered (fingers crossed). I sensed a total lack of urgency to make it right.

Communication was spotty, but on par with with what I've read on HF. I repeatedly asked HG to ship the replacement to my home address, but alas, they sent it to the original (work) address... Unbelievable.

I'd rate the product quality and performance an “A”… I don't want to be flagged for "Unnecessary Roughness" here, but I'd have to rate MY overall Hammock Gear experience a "D-" at best. YMMV.

Would I buy from Hammock Gear again??? I'd have to think long and hard about that.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Wow, completely the opposite of every experience I have ever had with them. I have both called and emailed them in the past and have always gotten excellent, timely responses.
    List of Splicing Guides
    Come to the Dark Side...We have cookies.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow20
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I guess I'm the 1%... and not in a good way.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl & XLC
    Tarp
    Big MJ & Superfly
    Insulation
    Yeti & 2 Wookies
    Suspension
    Stock straps
    Images
    I think you should call them back and explain that there are several issues to discuss. I do not think you will regret that effort to rectify the situation. In the long run you will be happier. Errors happen! Solutions lie in communication.

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumbleweed View Post
    I think you should call them back and explain that there are several issues to discuss. I do not think you will regret that effort to rectify the situation. In the long run you will be happier. Errors happen! Solutions lie in communication.
    Sounds like he will have the replacement custom made item/s in his hands 11 days after receiving the incorrect item/s but shipped to the original shipping address instead of a requested changed address.

Seems like a B+ to me insteads of a D-. Tough grader.

Hammock
    Variable
    Tarp
    Surperfly
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    Variable
    Quote Originally Posted by humer91 View Post
    Wow, completely the opposite of every experience I have ever had with them. I have both called and emailed them in the past and have always gotten excellent, timely responses.
    Same.

I have nothing but good things to say about Hammock Gear. My experience was the polar opposite of the OP.

I amended my original order for a burrow 20 to add an incubator 20. This was many days after. Then, I asked what I needed to do/pay to get them by a specific date. Not only did they get the order (both quilts) to me BEFORE the date I needed them, but they didn't charge me a cent.

The email communication was excellent and timely, and the quilts are über awesome.

When it comes time for my next quilt set, guess where I'm going first?

Yep. Hammock Gear.

I am sorry for you OP, I wish you had the same experience all the rest of us have had. Give them a shout, I'm sure they'll be all over the opportunity to make the sale right. They're good peeps.
    Like thrash metal? Check out my nephew's band, Deathwatch. He's an amazing drummer... https://soundcloud.com/user-660860695

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow20
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumbleweed View Post
    Thanks Tumbleweed....
    We've been talking (emailing actually) since the 6th, and they are fully aware of the issues. I understand that errors happen, and if things had gone smoother post-error, my comments would have been quite different.

Again the quilts are as good as everyone says. I'm sure MY experience with HG is an outlier, and I'm guessing 99% are completely happy! My transaction just happened to fall in the 1%.

All's well that ends well.

Oh, and they have my #...

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Turn around for the original custom order was 13 days and 11 for the replacement? I can't get my own that fast and all I need to ship is from my living room to my gear closet.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7D
    Tarp
    OWL OMW
    Insulation
    KAQ Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    In the defense of Indyman, I would also have to say that if I were a" tough grader" or picky consumer my overall experience thus far with them was also low. I know ad understand the quality is exceptional, and I am still awaiting my item. The problem isn't with the item obviously just the service. I emailed and asked if it were possible to get the item before this coming weekend the 18th ans they said absolutely they will make sure it gets done. It was an individual I was emailing back and forth with speaking on behalf of the company. I was stoked and looming forward to camping this weekend since the weather is going to be gorgeous, and I went ahead and sold my jarbridge UQ on here this week and it's already shipped and received. I email the individual at HG and asked if we were srill on schedule for the item arriving this weekend or before and they assured me it would and that they were shipping it out tommorrow(today). Well, today came and still not shipped. I am not upset about this too much because I understand the cottage business, and I am still going camping. The point is that the individual should have notified me in a delay and that if you guarantee something it should get done. If I was a picky consumer I would raise a fuss but I haven't and it isn't bothering me all that much, other than the anticipation of recieving my gear. So, in indymans defense, he isn't the only one with an issue.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7D
    Tarp
    OWL OMW
    Insulation
    KAQ Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Sorry for the multiple typos....smartphones?!?!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast