Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    ENO Pro Fly

Comfy inside hammock

I am new to hanging and Newer to DYI I have an ENO Double nest but am looking for a strickly Indoor winter hammock I would prefer something I could sleep directly on without a shirt with an UQ under it and a blanket on top. I was thinking either a flannel or a fleece fabric. Has anyone ever tried this? anything I would need to do other then just buy 60"X108" of Fabric and hem it all the way around?

Hammock
    Warrior Edge UL - LSoH
    Tarp
    'Razor' Hex - LSoH
    Insulation
    LSoH Toaster TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Various
    Any of the nylon or polyester tafetta used in hammocks will allow you to sleep directly on them with an UQ below. Using a flannel or fleece will most likely cause issues. Fleece won't be strong enough and stretch/separate and the flannel being cotton would tear as well. You can try sleeping directly in your eno. See how it goes.

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    ENO Pro Fly
    Thanks I ordered some Tafetta to try. I was hoping for more of a soft feeling for cold winter nights indoors. I may have to experiment with fleece lining the inside or something along those lines.

Images
    Could you stitch fleece to taffeta, so that taffeta holds your weight and the fleece hangs underneath?

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    ENO Pro Fly
    I am going to try to stich I have never done it before but located my Sisters old Sewing machine at my parents house. It might not be pretty but I will give it a try.

Hammock
    PIF from Dos
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Suspension
    TreeHugger/woopies
    Since this is for indoor use, I'd suggest a nice soft blanket or the like simply drapped inside your current hammock. Since it isn't for outdoor use, it realy doesn't havce to be attached to your hammock.

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    ENO Pro Fly
    I thought that would work too but I move thoughout the night and it ends up all bunched up and never stays under me.

Hammock
    long and wide
    Tarp
    big green diy
    Insulation
    faux baffled CDTs
    Suspension
    wing and prayer
    Fleece or flannel alone won't hold enough weight to be safe. But my sister made one from a 60x126 crinkle taffeta tablecloth (already finished on all edges, from www.tableclothsfactory.com) and lined it with a cotton sheet inside for comfort. It doesn't matter if the sheet isn't quite as long as the tablecloth; just center it lengthwise. You'll do well to master that old sewing machine, but if not you can sew them together by hand: Just straight-stitch or whip the 2 long sides together, then gather the ends as usual. That plus a simple fleece UQ (or a blanket between the layers) and a top cover is all you'd need indoors.
    I suppose you could stitch the fleece in place underneath instead of a separate UQ as you suggest, but I have reservations about that. A permanently sewn-on UQ may be too warm sometimes, and the hammock would be bulky to launder.
    You might consider a cotton Brazilian hammock for an indoor hammock if you don't like the poly. You'll still need an UQ.

Hammock
    DIY 1.1 single-layer
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & SOL Bivvy
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    Perhaps you could make two hammocks: one out of ripstop, the other out of flannel. Make the flannel slightly larger (3-4") thatn the ripstop on all measurements. Then, lay the flannel inside the ripstop and make it so the ends clip to the suspension of the ripstop to keep the layers lined up. You could even add a few snaps or velcro dots along the side to help keep them together.

I sleep in my hammock full time and decided that wearing a t-shirt against the ripstop of my hammock was the most comfortable.
    The meaning of Life is to live it

You just gave me an excellent idea to work on as well. The use of a fleece or flannel fabric may be good but I think there's the weight issues to work on. Tafetta is a good option though.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast