Grand Trunks SBP
    Tarp
    PahaQue HM20R
    Insulation
    Custom
    Suspension
    Custom

Greeting from Oregon!

New to the forum and just saying hello! My name is Mark and I live in Salem, Oregon. I'm partially disabled (back injury) but trying desperately to lose weight and get back in shape.
    I produce a comic convention in my hometown and also import products, design and sell camping gear (though not at the moment, long story) and am happy to have found this forum! (Sean sent me, WHOO BUDDY!)
    Everyone seems really friendly and helpful and it seems like a great place to hang out!
    Looking forward to the Yeti Hang on Mt Hood coming up in a few months and also looking forward to some rainy hangs sometime soon if I can find anything local!

Thanks again!

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Hello Mark in Salem, you will soon have a whole new group of friends, cool friends to Hang with. Lots of fablious places to Hang in Oregon, lots of places close in to Salem. We were just in the Salem area Monday, looking for some new places to Hang out.

Are you new to Oregon? I grew up here, never thought much about the rain, just went ahead and did whatever never mind a bit of rain. Well I moved away from Oregon, the webs between my toes dried up and left. Now that I am back, the webbing has returned, I just can not get accustom to the wet feet. LOL Sunday night I just put up a tarp to stop any mist from entering my hammock, ha, instead of a mist there was a down pour. Anyway if you are also new to Oregon, you will be surprised at all the options you have available to you. If you are a Native Oregonian, you will still be surprised at all that will open up to you as a Hanger. Welcome.

Hammock
    Grand Trunks SBP
    Tarp
    PahaQue HM20R
    Insulation
    Custom
    Suspension
    Custom
    6th Generation Salemite. We've been here since before it was a state! lol. Pleased to meet you and hopefully we cross paths soon! I'm always on the look-out for new places to hang but I'm limited on how far I can hike (at the moment) so it's been difficult finding places off the beaten path that are secluded. There's a no-fee park called Mill Creek State Park that I would like to take over some rainy Saturday night https://goo.gl/maps/wTbPD

Hammock
    DIY, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    Welcome from SC. This is an excellent place to hang out! There is so much info here your head may explode.
    Keep movin', keep believing and enjoy the journey!

Hammock
    DreamHammock
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    School
    Quote Originally Posted by OregonBushcraft View Post
    Looking forward to the Yeti Hang on Mt Hood coming up in a few months and also looking forward to some rainy hangs sometime soon if I can find anything local!
    Like your whole coastline, wonderfully owned by the state (thank you Tom McCall)--unlike WA who is oppressed by the draconian Federal hammer. Seriously though, tons of great private spots open up to you with safe beach access (in a world of smart phones, how do people mess up tides?!). To start, I'd head out to Siuslaw, set up where I can wait for the green flash over the Pacific while drinking a pint of Santiam. Forget the 7-Wonders ads, that's what OSCC should be advertising.

I also found the hammock to be pretty handy out in Glass Butte, where the ground is effectively covered with scalpels. BLM doesn't really do modern campgrounds, so a hammock is pretty handy out on their lands. Hammock camping is a dream in the PacNW; welcome and enjoy!

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Quote Originally Posted by OregonBushcraft View Post
    6th Generation Salemite. We've been here since before it was a state! lol. Pleased to meet you and hopefully we cross paths soon! I'm always on the look-out for new places to hang but I'm limited on how far I can hike (at the moment) so it's been difficult finding places off the beaten path that are secluded. There's a no-fee park called Mill Creek State Park that I would like to take over some rainy Saturday night https://goo.gl/maps/wTbPD
    We found Mill Creek a couple of weeks ago when we were looking around for easy access, not so many people, we have abandoned a lot of our easy to get to spots because too many people have found them, they come along, wreck the foliage, loud obnoxious and sometimes I worry about our personal safety. I become very nervous when guns and alcohol become involved where I am Hanging.

• + New Posts