Similar thread here.

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    What I have found is you really need to do a test Hang. I spent a lot of time studying hammocks. I picked carefully. Well I spent a lot of $, for a hammock I used a couple of times. I discovered it was too enclosed, too warm in the summer, because the bug net was not very practical to keep open in non bug season. Just too warm in the Summer. Also it was a huge problem getting in and out of it.

I bought several hammocks, finally found two I really like. One is a Bridge, the other is a gathered end, very light weight and easier for me to exit.

Each hammock is a bit different. So the problem is you need to try out a variety of hammocks to find what works the best for you. Find a Winter Hang, there will be an assortment of hammocks for you to inspect. Many people are very generous in letting someone try out their hammock.

Many of HF members have several hammocks because we are/were looking for something we liked better or fit us a bit better. Really you need to test. High or low cost is not always an indicator of what feels the best while Hanging. It all has to do with fit, fit is not something you will be able to pick from reading or asking questions, testing is the only way to know, what works for you.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12