DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    AHE New River UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Slings

First DIY Hammock

Not long ago I managed to put some holes in my Grand Trunk SB-Pro. I really like that hammock but it is unfortunately compromised. I made the decision to go ahead and retire it. I have been on a real DIY kick lately so I ordered some 1.9 from Ripstop By the Roll and set to work. It was actually a lot easier than I thought. It's a 10.5' with DIY whoopie slings and some DIY tree straps that I made from 1" webbing. I made the tree straps really long so I can basically put them anywhere as long as I have toggles. (I used two small wrenches for the images and testing. I'll be getting something a little more permanent soon.) I'm going to make a stuff sack for it today. I'm considering using the bugnet from my SB-Pro instead of ordering NoSeeUm and zippers and all that mess. Thoughts?

It was fun and I will definitely be making quite a few more of these. I think my next project is going to be a hex tarp. I already made the UL Asym DIYGS tarp but I want something with a little more coverage.

IMG_20141024_154623.jpg

IMG_20141024_151633.jpg

Hammock
    long and wide
    Tarp
    big green diy
    Insulation
    faux baffled CDTs
    Suspension
    wing and prayer
    Looking good! You've definitely got the DIY bug. If it were me, I'd re-purpose the bugnet. I like to diy most things but nowadays I won't sew NoSeeUm & zippers any more than I have to. I say reward your efforts and take the easy way out on this one. There's plenty else to have fun making!

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Nice. Always great to make something with your hands. Why not DIY the bugnet as well? Its a fun learning experience.
    My head is an animal

• + New Posts