Tarp
    UGQ - Printed SilP
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/UGQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    We have made 2 of these and 5x5,, or 60 inch wide by 60 inch long works great,, i made them from memory of what i think Otter made his from that i saw at the spring Mahha.he also had a mini uq under his chair,, they were really nice
    Thanks for the Mini UQ Idea..

Earlier this year, I took a JCP puffer and sewed channels into it,, no other alterations.. just 4 channels (3 internal, one along the bottom of the coat). My idea was to have a summer weight UQ that I could still use as a coat, with no one really knowing the better that I was wearing an UQ.

For a hammock, the design failed. it just sagged to much in the middle to be able to be used without other massive alterations.

Then I read your post, and took a nap in the hammock chair yesterday, and was comfortable but slightly chilly on my back and butt (it was about 45°)

This morning, at 42°, I took the chair back out for some testing, but pulled out the puffer quilt.. and gave it a spin. At 42°, I had to vent the underquilt because it was to warm.

The aforementioned sag isn't a problem with the hammock chair, it actually becomes the perfect curve to cover you from mid thigh to your backside to about shoulder when sitting in the chair.

Add a small pillow, and you'd be counting sheep in warm, fluffy, floating comfort.

Showing the channels sewn into the inner lining of the puffer:
    20141028_134341.jpg

The Puffer Zipped up. The only alteration visible from here is the channel along the bottom edge:
    20141028_134439 (1).jpg

Yes, it's warm.
    unnamed (1).jpg

Hammock
    long and wide
    Tarp
    big green diy
    Insulation
    faux baffled CDTs
    Suspension
    wing and prayer
    Quote Originally Posted by hk2001 View Post
    Earlier this year, I took a JCP puffer and sewed channels into it,, no other alterations.. just 4 channels (3 internal, one along the bottom of the coat). My idea was to have a summer weight UQ that I could still use as a coat, with no one really knowing the better that I was wearing an UQ.
    For a hammock, the design failed. it just sagged to much in the middle to be able to be used without other massive alterations.
    The aforementioned sag isn't a problem with the hammock chair, it actually becomes the perfect curve to cover you from mid thigh to your backside to about shoulder when sitting in the chair.
    hk2001, Now THAT is brilliant!! Gotta do that with one I have! I'm gathering materials to make otter's chair. Your post is perfect timing.

I can't tell from the photo (my crummy monitor) how you have FOUR channels. I see one channel around the bottom and 2 in front behind zipper. That's 3. Is the 4th channel the white one around the inside of collar? Then just 4 separate lengths of 1/8" shock cord? Sorry if I'm missing the obvious. Thanks for any additional info. I must do this!!!

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    UGQ - Printed SilP
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/UGQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WhollyHamaca View Post
    hk2001, Now THAT is brilliant!! Gotta do that with one I have! I'm gathering materials to make otter's chair. Your post is perfect timing.

I can't tell from the photo (my crummy monitor) how you have FOUR channels. I see one channel around the bottom and 2 in front behind zipper. That's 3. Is the 4th channel the white one around the inside of collar? Then just 4 separate lengths of 1/8" shock cord? Sorry if I'm missing the obvious. Thanks for any additional info. I must do this!!!
    Yea.. The white on is the 4th.. Theres a small "flap" of fabric just underneath the collar on the inside, that's where the 4th is attached to.

Hammock
    long and wide
    Tarp
    big green diy
    Insulation
    faux baffled CDTs
    Suspension
    wing and prayer
    Quote Originally Posted by hk2001 View Post
    Yea.. The white on is the 4th.. Theres a small "flap" of fabric just underneath the collar on the inside, that's where the 4th is attached to.
    Got it! Thanks for the clarification. Pocket the mini-hammy and you're good to go (or sit) anywhere, if you're warm enough to take off the jacket.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12