WBBB, RR, Eno Dn
    Tarp
    WB SF, CB
    Insulation
    WB Mamba, UGQUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, D Clips
    Quote Originally Posted by the2nddeal View Post
    My son and I backpack and geocache a lot. We've geocached while on trails like the AT, Pinhoti, Benton MacKaye, Foothills and Bartram. Georgia State Parks are also very friendly to geocaching. This spring, my son and I spent a week backpacking FDR State Park. There are over 130 geocaches in the park (from Going Caching 2013 - www.goingcaching.com), so we spent a week backpacking and geocaching. I've attached a photo to show our finds on that trip.

Backpacking is fun by itself, but throwing in geocaching has made my son want to get out in the woods even more.

Attachment 96703
    Looks great. In North Carolina we have a place called the Holly Shelter Game Land (Nicknamed Bling Trail). Over 600 geocaches.. the beginning is GC37PT9. I have not checked it out yet. I have not heard of anyone hammock hanging there though.
    Straight out of Clayton.

Most physical hike: Grandfather Mountain, NC. Aug 13.

I don't need to make my pack lighter. I need to make my (_*_) lighter.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Inc 0/UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul-Stefi View Post
    Is anyone here into Geocaching and if so, has there ever been a geocache/hammock trip. I am in the southeast and think that this could make a fun trip. I am still waiting on my dreamhammock to be finished but hopefully soon I will have it.
    I cache every chance I get. Pair that with hiking and fishing and you have a great weekend IMO. One area that would be fairly close to you for hanging and caching would be here: http://www.landbetweenthelakes.us/

You can see how many caches are in the Land Between the Lakes by doing a search on geocaching.com for Cadiz, KY. Here is an old thread here: https://www.hammockforums.net/galler...age.php?i=4161

Greenvillemayor is the caching name!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    AHE 3S New River
    Suspension
    Adj. webbing
    I used to cache quite a bit. My Deloreme PN-40 bit the dust and I haven't settled on a new unit. We have a lot of caches in the Adirondacks.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12