Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles

Well, what do ya know? No buyers remorse.

After >50 years of canoeing, hiking, and camping with various methods and equipment, I finally purchased my first down item. A HG 20* Burrow. My purchase was preceded by refusal (I don't need down), followed by reluctance, research, reluctant acceptance, more refusal (I don't need down and I won't spend that kind of money), then desire, and finally eagerness. But still, my new top quilt is the most expensive item in my kit, by far, and spending that much on such an item is waaay outside my comfort zone (I thought).
    But, just this morning, I saw another 'want to buy' posting for a HG Burrow. My mind raced right past the thought "Hey, I can get some of my money back", and settled right down to thinking, "Not me - what would I do then? - I'd just have to buy another one."
    I came to the realization that even after spending what, to me, was a lot of money for something so basic, I had no 'buyers remorse' whatsoever.
    How about that? Comfortable on the cold nights and not regretting the money spent either. I can actually see a summer weight TQ in my future.
    "...With saddle and pack, by paddle and track, let's go to the land of beyond."

Hammock
    DIY 126 x 60 Tablecloth
    Tarp
    JRB 10 x 11
    Insulation
    New River/Owhyee
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    Every time I get in mine I wonder why I didn't buy an underquilt sooner! Money well spent I say.
    "I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds
    Mind of a Rat Youtube Channel

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I have a top and bottom from HG. Worth. Every. Penny.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    Having a warm bed is worth it.
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Passinthru View Post
    After >50 years of canoeing, hiking, and camping with various methods and equipment, I finally purchased my first down item. A HG 20* Burrow. My purchase was preceded by refusal (I don't need down), followed by reluctance, research, reluctant acceptance, more refusal (I don't need down and I won't spend that kind of money), then desire, and finally eagerness. But still, my new top quilt is the most expensive item in my kit, by far, and spending that much on such an item is waaay outside my comfort zone (I thought).
    But, just this morning, I saw another 'want to buy' posting for a HG Burrow. My mind raced right past the thought "Hey, I can get some of my money back", and settled right down to thinking, "Not me - what would I do then? - I'd just have to buy another one."
    I came to the realization that even after spending what, to me, was a lot of money for something so basic, I had no 'buyers remorse' whatsoever.
    How about that? Comfortable on the cold nights and not regretting the money spent either. I can actually see a summer weight TQ in my future.
    Sounds like i have heard this somewhere before? oh, it was me..

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Passinthru View Post
    After >50 years of canoeing, hiking, and camping with various methods and equipment, I finally purchased my first down item. A HG 20* Burrow. My purchase was preceded by refusal (I don't need down)...
    Me too...until I found the need for more space in the side cases etc. Then it was easy to remember the times of old (when a 40 lb backpack was considered light) and our luxurious down fart sacks. The HG Incubator and Burrow were light years ahead of our old Camp 7 bags. Like sleeping on and under a warm cloud! Nope no remorse here either.

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Glad this purchase was a success. Always nice to get what you want (need?) instead of getting something that does not fulfill its promise. Happy Hanging.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow/DIY APEX
    Suspension
    Adj. Webbing
    What a difference the burrow has been for me. First down purchase and it was worth every penny. Can't wait to buy an incubator.

• + New Posts