wbbb xlc, rr, wwm
    Tarp
    HG cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    WL, HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings

Bonefire V3

So I've been wanting to try an integrated hammock/underquilt for a while. This one popped up on the FS forum so I decided to give it a try, as if I really needed another hammock or quilt. Well to keep it short I don't know if I can go back now. I haven't used it in the field but have played with it in the basement. This thing is unreal. Craftsmanship is second to none, and I do have almost every cottage brand to compare it to. No fiddling with underquilt adjustment, no gaps it's just simple and will make me even lazier than I am now. From the picture it looks sewn through, but it is baffled, that was a big surprise. If you are wondering if it's worth the price for a new as I was, don't. I should have talked to Jeremy a long time ago and saved myself a ton of money and a large closet jammed with gear that may not get used anymore. I was also wondering about getting the temp lower and playing around I found that my 40 degree Phoenix is a perfect fit when stacking so I'm guessing from the feel that that combination will easily get me under 20 degrees.

Hammock
    wbbb xlc, rr, wwm
    Tarp
    HG cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    WL, HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    A few pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0, Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ's, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Ooooooooooweeeee!

That is awesome to look at. I've meant to ask before but haven't: is the UQ sewn to the hammock at all edges? If so, how is this not a worry-point for potential hammock failure?

Hammock
    Too many to choose just one
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Hex or WP
    Insulation
    UGQ Bandit 30* or
    Suspension
    Depends on my mood
    Quote Originally Posted by Funny Money View Post
    Ooooooooooweeeee!

That is awesome to look at. I've meant to ask before but haven't: is the UQ sewn to the hammock at all edges? If so, how is this not a worry-point for potential hammock failure?
    I might be wrong, but I think Jeremy's hammocks are double layer with the underquilt sewn to the outer layer. That would address the potential for failure. I really want one of these, but I don't like integrated bugnets and I am in love with my 11.5' long Argon single layer hammocks. I will probably ask Jeremy to make a custom version for me at some point. He's just too nice to say no.

Hammock
    wbbb xlc, rr, wwm
    Tarp
    HG cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    WL, HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    It is a double layer. The bottom hammock layer is the top layer of the underquilt. I can't wait to try it out next weekend.

Hammock
    Bonefire™ Bridge
    Tarp
    Bonefire™ Shadow
    Insulation
    Bonefire™ UQ
    Suspension
    Bonefire™ Deluxe
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Funny Money View Post
    Ooooooooooweeeee!

The hammock is a DL and the UQ is sewn completely around the perimeter on the outer layer. I have gone through several different fabrics and jumped up and down in each to see which ones hold up the best with the seams on the outer layer. I've had a few failures and those fabrics don't make it into the hands of customers. I've no made the inner layer the stronger of the layers and I've had nothing but good results.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxpoop View Post
    ...I really want one of these, but I don't like integrated bugnets and I am in love with my 11.5' long Argon single layer hammocks. I will probably ask Jeremy to make a custom version for me at some point. He's just too nice to say no.
    You're right. I won't say no. I've already made two netless hammocks and I am getting ready to make another one. I'm happy to make one an 11.5' if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Cst View Post
    I can't wait to try it out next weekend.
    Thank you for your kind words above. I'm looking forward to your review after trying it in the field. If I can do anything for you, let me know.
    -Jeremy "Brother Bones"
    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    ...he's a mountain goat crossed with a marathoner.

Hammock
    Bonefire™ Bridge
    Tarp
    Bonefire™ Shadow
    Insulation
    Bonefire™ UQ
    Suspension
    Bonefire™ Deluxe
    Images
    Cst, how did your trip go?
    -Jeremy "Brother Bones"

Hammock
    WBBB, Bonefish
    Tarp
    WBWP
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear stuff
    Suspension
    Dutch Bling
    I ended up buying the Bonefire that was in the FS forum last month. I took it on a camp out last week and was very, very happy with my purchase. My other hammock is a WBBB and I'm not sure when it will get used again. The BF was very comfy and it dialed in without any issue. My only complaint is I wish mine had double zippers instead of just one.
    I tend to be a cold sleeper and it was predicted to to get down to about 34 degrees that night so I layered my 20 degree Insolator with it and had no issues.
    Weight for the BF hammock/quilt combo is slightly less than my current WBBB and summer UQ but with the added bonus of no fiddling with a separate quilt, I can see the BF becoming my go-to gear.

Thanks FireInMyBones for making a great hammock!
    So many trails, so little time...

A Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. An Optimist see the light at the end of the tunnel. The Realist sees the train. But the Engineer just sees 3 idiots standing on the tracks.
    Which one are you?

Hammock
    Bonefire™ Bridge
    Tarp
    Bonefire™ Shadow
    Insulation
    Bonefire™ UQ
    Suspension
    Bonefire™ Deluxe
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriswithak View Post
    I ended up buying the Bonefire that was in the FS forum last month. I took it on a camp out last week and was very, very happy with my purchase. My other hammock is a WBBB and I'm not sure when it will get used again. The BF was very comfy and it dialed in without any issue. My only complaint is I wish mine had double zippers instead of just one.
    I tend to be a cold sleeper and it was predicted to to get down to about 34 degrees that night so I layered my 20 degree Insolator with it and had no issues.
    Weight for the BF hammock/quilt combo is slightly less than my current WBBB and summer UQ but with the added bonus of no fiddling with a separate quilt, I can see the BF becoming my go-to gear.

Thanks FireInMyBones for making a great hammock!
    If you want a second zipper, PM me and we can talk about modifying it. I'm happy to help my customers get what they want. Also, do you mind if I use your testimonial for the company's FB page?
    -Jeremy "Brother Bones"

Hammock
    WBBB, Bonefish
    Tarp
    WBWP
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear stuff
    Suspension
    Dutch Bling
    Quote Originally Posted by FireInMyBones View Post
    If you want a second zipper, PM me and we can talk about modifying it. I'm happy to help my customers get what they want. Also, do you mind if I use your testimonial for the company's FB page?
    I'll send you a PM in a few minutes. You can use my testimony where ever you want!
    So many trails, so little time...

A Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. An Optimist see the light at the end of the tunnel. The Realist sees the train. But the Engineer just sees 3 idiots standing on the tracks.
    Which one are you?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast