Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images

Fall 2014 NC Uwharrie @ Yates place

I will post more later, but it was great to meet some new, hang with some old. I am honored to be apart of something with such great people and things. Thanks to all those that came. Thanks to those that cooked, cleaned and help benefit this weekend in the woods. Hotlips and kingsford did a great job with food and snack/surprises. They werent the only ones who helps nourish this trip, so thanks to all. I will put up the spring hang info in a few days.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Had a great time. Got to spend time with some old friends and make some new ones. Took lots of pictures and have to go thru them and see how many came out. Did we burn all the wood ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gunner76; 11-10-2014 at 13:42.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    Had a great time. Got to spend time with some old friends and make some new ones. Had great time. Took lots of pictures and have to go thru them and see how many came out. Did we burn all the wood ?
    Hey did you see phantoms post in the hang thread? They found a memory card they think is yours.

Nope left some wood for the masses.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    They found a memory card they think is yours.
    Just saw it and replied to Pahntoms post and PM'd him. Thanks. It would not be the card with pictures from the hang ( but an extra one that could have fallen out of my camera bag ) as I never took that card out the camera and just put it in the computer to start looking and editing the photos.

I think Buddy ( who came with me ) was a bit overwhelmed with all the different hammocks at the hang as this was his first hang and first time in a hammock.

A big shout out to old 4 hats for allowing me to try out his RidgeRunner. Have always wanted to try one and The Terminator's single layer is way under my weight to even think about trying. Plenty long enough for me but I am too wide for it. Guess I will have to look at DIYing one.
    Last edited by gunner76; 11-10-2014 at 13:27.

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Had a great time, brought my son and his friend to their first hang. The first night was a bit chilly but I stayed warm in the Sheltowee Hammocks Boone 40 degree hammock that Alex let me borrow to see how we liked them. If you haven't checked out his stuff I would highly recommend that you take a look at his gear and he is a great guy as well. I met quite a few new folks and saw some people I had met at fall sprawl. I enjoyed Hot Lips cooking and also got a chance to try out a couple of new dishes in my own dutch ovens. The boys had a good time riding their bikes all over the place, and hanging out around the fire even if the temptation led trouble once or a couple dozen times. The area was really pretty and i look forward to making future trips to the park.

Images
    Somebody (or bodies) burned my poking stick.
    Hmmm... who could that be?
    The DO stuff was good, glad I didn't get that bowl of chili with extra charcoal

Hammock
    WBRR, WBBB XLC, DIY
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx, Yeti, Rev 20
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I had a great time this past weekend. The food was WONDERFUL, the weather was PERFECT and the fellowship was AWESOME. It was nice to put some faces to names and see all the different set-ups everyone had. I got to do a little hiking on the Uwharrie trail and take in all the fall colors. I wish I had brought the correct cable for my flute amp but that will have to be for the next trip. Yates Place is definitely a hangers paradise, plenty of trees as far as I could see. I will be back to next years for sure.
    Aim for the moon, if you miss, at least you will still be among the stars.

Hammock
    Thunderbird 11ft
    Tarp
    Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    UGQ 20*
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Had a wonderful time getting to put faces with names this past weekend. Special thanks to people who cooked! I feel I ate way too much food but I needed to try everyone's dishes to give fair feedback on how awesome all the food was! This was a great location with way too many places to choose from but it was an amazing weekend all around. Hope to make it back out there soon now that I know its relatively close to home!
    Puppy love melts even a cold heart

Hammock
    Netty/ Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    gnome dome/mctarp
    Insulation
    Incubator/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Images
    I have to say, this is a great place for hanging. The weather even cooperated. No rain, plenty of sunshine, not too cold. We had tons of firewood thanks to Maytag and Phantomgrappler. We made awesome bonfires that kept us nice and toasty. Fellowship around the fire was nice. Meeting new friends and reconnecting with old ones was great. Thank you to all who helped with clean up, and thank you all who offered to help. Thank you Starfish_comet for helping me out, you are the best kitchen assistant. Thank you too JDJernigan and John, and GQGeek for providing some great dishes in those dutch ovens. Also want to say thank you to those who helped us with unloading and packing up. Ya'll are some great folks. I love cooking for all of you, and I appreciate you eating the food. I love hammock hanging too. Kingsford and I are going to be sitting down soon to decide which hangs we can do next year based on his time off. We hope to see everybody in the Spring, or maybe the Florida hang in January.
    If you don't like my cooking there's always MRE's.***Hotlips

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Still trying to decide if it was green-beans with bacon or bacon with green beans ( I am leaning towards bacon with green-beans). Either way they were good.

Hotlips...the dumplings were cooked and very tasty.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast