Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    oh that one. I bought one, for the netting, it hangs on a wall in my son's room with stuff hanging off the netting.

It is considerably narrower and perhaps a little shorter than the ones we use on the trail. The material you lay on makes a difference in feel also. To get the nice feel you need width; length helps for the sag you can use for a flat lay (on a hammock that is wide enough).

Grizz

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    I would have to agre with the others comments. I have layed in very ($200 +) net style hammocks that I could not get truly comfortable in, and compared to a good camping hammock they were backyard novilties at best. There are a number of decent hammocks available for less than 50 bucks -no net or tarp that would be a major improvment over a net hammock. If you can definatly try to get with some of the locals in your area to check out a few and see how they work and the diffrences that make them so nice.

Paul

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Hey... just for jollies.. if you don't plan to return the hammock carefully see if you can remove the spreader bars. Don't cut anything or damage the netting but if you can unwrap the ends and pull the bars out see if that makes any idfference in being able to lie diagonally in that. Just curious.. no biggie.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    my son has a "net" hammock. It's not very long or wide. The only way he's able to lay in it is to put a blanket or towel over the net. The cord/strings making the net, cuts into his back and after a few minutes, it's not comfortable. Even with the towel/blanket, he only uses it during the daytime to lay in for a while. Can't sleep in it at all. I've got that $25 dollar cheapie one with the bug-net that's more comfortable than my son's "net" hammock.

Hammock
    WARBONNET BLACKBIRD
    Tarp
    wallyworld blue
    Insulation
    YETI
    Suspension
    straps and rings
    Images
    for about another 15 dollars, go down to your fabric store, and buy some nylon or polyester. about 4 yards should do, then just knot the ends (leave about ten feet of fabric between knots) and hang with rope or motorcycle webbing. will be much more comfortable.
    I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane. - Waylon Jennings

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12