Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Hey Garden State Hangers. After speaking with the leadership of the GSHDANJ, we have decided to forego all food and drink (except water) for the weekend and we encourage all attendees to start fasting by at least Thursday (after Thanksgiving dinner). In addition to helping us all shed a few pounds, the fasting should have us all hallucinating by Saturday evening and we'll be more likely to see the Jersey Devil on the mandatory night hike.

Also, we've decided this hang will be a nondenominational Pastafarian event. Please bring your colanders to wear during the Sunday morning devotional (led by yours truly). We are also going to have a mandatory singles enrichment seminar on Saturday afternoon (led by Ratdog). You do not have to be single to participate: you just need to have wished, at some point in your life, that you were single.

There will also be a training session on how to trade your bellybutton lint for top-notch hammock gear such as cuben fiber tarps and down quilts. If you do not have any bellybutton lint, let us know and we can provide some for you.

Attendees will also be required to buy a commemorative t-shirt for this hang. The front will say, "Turkey Trek, Bra" and the back will say, "Scungilli Salad" along with this graphic of scungilli salad.

scungilli-salad.jpg
    Last edited by SilvrSurfr; 11-22-2014 at 22:26.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 or BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Tewa, Speer, H.G.
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by silentorpheus View Post
    I just sent a PM to all parties that are signed up with some info/questions. Please check your inboxes.

Deadphans, if you happen to read this - your inbox is full. Please clear out some space and get in touch with me ASAP.

Cheers!
    Hey silent. I apologize, I am not sure why your message didnt send after I had deleted a ton of messages in my inbox...idk maybe doing it on the app had something to do with it. Anyways, I have deleted everything so please try to resend that message. Thanks!
    "In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy." -D'Signore's, Tide Mill Farm, Edmunds, Maine.

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadphans View Post
    Hey silent. I apologize, I am not sure why your message didnt send after I had deleted a ton of messages in my inbox...idk maybe doing it on the app had something to do with it. Anyways, I have deleted everything so please try to resend that message. Thanks!
    No worries - looks like your member status ran out, so it's possible you thought you had more space than you do.

Sending now.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 or BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Tewa, Speer, H.G.
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Images
    Oh jeez. I need to redo that. K next pay check in a few days. Anyways. So my gfs and mines anniversary is this Tuesday. and Thanksgiving coming up as well therefore we may delay our anniversary celebrations till the weekend. I asked a few questions in the IM I just sent to ya so please get back to me at your earliest convenience. Thank you very much!
    "In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy." -D'Signore's, Tide Mill Farm, Edmunds, Maine.

Hammock
    WBRR, DHTB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly, Mamba
    Insulation
    Down Quilts!
    Suspension
    Straps/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by silentorpheus View Post
    For those that are only thinking about being able to come for Saturday:

Unless it has changed, ReserveAmerica does not allow you us to have have a different number of people for different nights at the same site. So if you are going to be there Saturday night, we need to book an extra person for both nights. More opportunity for them to make money, I suppose.
    However it works will be fine for me. Once I confirm, do what needs to be done and tell me how much I owe. If it is easier to pay for both nights and I just no show one of them, so be it. Thanks.
    NJ Hammock Club Facebook Page - Come join the party!

Hammock
    WBRR, DHTB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly, Mamba
    Insulation
    Down Quilts!
    Suspension
    Straps/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    There will also be a training session on how to trade your bellybutton lint for top-notch hammock gear such as cuben fiber tarps and down quilts. If you do not have any bellybutton lint, let us know and we can provide some for you.
    I have a belly button lint farm under my shirt. I can help with that! Where do you think I keep my fire starter?
    NJ Hammock Club Facebook Page - Come join the party!

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Talk about being to early to tell - the weather forecast is now vastly different than it was at the end of last week.

Higher daytime temps, lows not quite as low, and no more snow forecast. Slight possibility of rain on Saturday, it would seem.

I'm going to cross my fingers, and hope for chilly nights and no precip.

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    So, here's where we stand:

Friday Night

Silentorpheus
    SilvrSurfr
    NJRedneck (plus his 2 boys)
    Black Foot
    Tinkr
    PillsburyTB
    Chris183 & Diana (plus friend) - Now Tentative
    Ratdog (plus his nephew)

Total = 10 confirmed, 13 tentative

Saturday Night

Silentorpheus
    SilvrSurfr
    NJRedneck (plus his 2 boys)
    Black Foot
    Tinkr
    PillsburyTB
    Chris183 & Diana (plus friend) - Now Tentative
    Ratdog (solo)
    Tree Frog (tentative)
    Deadphans (tentative)

Total = 9 confirmed, 14 tentative

That should be within the limits of the sites we have, though we have the option to grab another site when we go to pick up our permits, if needed. We'll make that call the day of.

- Cost/budget wise we're looking great as well. Unless we hit some snags, with the number of people that we have confirmed, we should be able to come in under $30/person for the weekend. Those attending only one night, plan on $20/person if you're only staying Saturday night, and $15-$16 if you're only staying Friday night (Saturday night dinner is bigger and fancier). If we end up under budget, we'll adjust.

- Temps look like they could be anywhere from mid 30s down to teens. If you have a gear need based on this, post it up and we'll see if anyone can help out.

- Assuming the pump isn't frozen (shouldn't be), we'll have water and coffee. If you want anything else, bring it.

- Remember, lunch is bring your own as well.

- PLEASE remember to send your vehicle info to me or SilvrSurfr ASAP if you're going to be parking at Batsto or Atsion for the weekend. We will need that info for our permits.

5 days and counting ...
    Last edited by silentorpheus; 11-24-2014 at 17:18.

Hammock
    XLC, DIY, GT Dbl for day hiking
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Web with Triangles
    Images
    For those that want to paddle, I can drop off a 2 man / 16ft canoe at Atsion if that helps.

Cost of canoe rental would be transport of my dutch oven.
    Have sherpas, will travel...
    Triangles, it's all about the triangles.
    H30º ™
    HTA

8.7167º

Senior Member pilsburythrowboy12's Avatar
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Black Bird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    WB mamba, HG Incub
    Suspension
    WB cinch buckles
    The 4 man party that I was originally slated to paddle in with is now in question due to ailment. I will now possibly be paddling in solo but would most definitely welcome a rudder man if someone is willing to brave the paddle in with me down the raging torrent that is the Mullica River. The original 4 man party will have a confirmed status update on Wednesday according to what I've been told so don't count us all out just yet.

• + New Posts
  • Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast