Insulation
    Some WL and UGQ
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Halo View Post
    Would ya look at that!
    Attachment 97484

Should make life a lil easier than the mummy bag...And, cut down a few ounces!
    Does the bag light up or heat up when you plug it in? Or is it like a 1,000 Fingers Massage? Just never saw a quilt with a plug before.

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mychal View Post
    Does the bag light up or heat up when you plug it in? Or is it like a 1,000 Fingers Massage? Just never saw a quilt with a plug before.
    That's funny!

I just know somewhere, someone, is off drawing concept sketches after reading that post.
    HangCon - Attendance Roster/Activities Sign-Up/Meal Planning Spreadsheets
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FHV Drone Footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPwv...ature=youtu.be

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    DIY/UGQ/HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by mychal View Post
    You mean everybody else's didn't come with a rechargeable heat pack? I thought just the massage was optional!

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S and SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Some WL and UGQ
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Halo View Post
    You mean everybody else's didn't come with a rechargeable heat pack? I thought just the massage was optional!
    I guess _I_ am my quilt's rechargeable heat pack. There's an extension cord joke in there somewhere.

Hammock
    WBBB, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    HG cuben fiber
    Insulation
    HG 20*,UGQ 20*FJ
    Suspension
    whoopies and strap
    I received my 20* flight jacket last week and had an opportunity to try it out (with my brand new DIY multicam tarp)last night. We have had an unusually warm November in Maine this year and it only got down to 30*. I had a mid-weight merino wool base layer and a pair of winter weight socks, I use a 20* 3/4 length UQ. I was toasty warm except for my feet at around 3:30 they got chilly.I was "camping " at the house(backyard/woodlot) as this was just a trial and I forgot to bring out my therma-rest sit pad to place in my footbox as most people suggest with a 3/4 UQ. I had to vent the top quilt more then once through the night because it was getting to warm in there, other than the foot problem which is normal for me, I know this will get me below 20* once I figure out a way to keep the piggies from chilling . One of my options which I have done prior to getting the TQ was to snap my down vest around the foot area enclosing the hammock and sleeping bag and that worked.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    DIY/UGQ/HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleT View Post
    I received my 20* flight jacket last week and had an opportunity to try it out (with my brand new DIY multicam tarp)last night. We have had an unusually warm November in Maine this year and it only got down to 30*. I had a mid-weight merino wool base layer and a pair of winter weight socks, I use a 20* 3/4 length UQ. I was toasty warm except for my feet at around 3:30 they got chilly.I was "camping " at the house(backyard/woodlot) as this was just a trial and I forgot to bring out my therma-rest sit pad to place in my footbox as most people suggest with a 3/4 UQ. I had to vent the top quilt more then once through the night because it was getting to warm in there, other than the foot problem which is normal for me, I know this will get me below 20* once I figure out a way to keep the piggies from chilling . One of my options which I have done prior to getting the TQ was to snap my down vest around the foot area enclosing the hammock and sleeping bag and that worked.

I'm hoping to be comfortable enough to get to 15* by using a silk liner, layering clothes & fueling up with food before bed.

Much colder than 15* and I have to start upgrading other gear and things just start getting more difficult.

I'd be interested to see your feedback when you get to test colder temps.

Hammock
    Thunderbird
    Tarp
    ShangriLa&BullFrog
    Insulation
    zepplin, burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumbo View Post
    That's funny!

I just know somewhere, someone, is off drawing concept sketches after reading that post.
    And all this time, I've been asking the folks at warmnsafe for a thermal blanket. An electric down top quilt makes so much more sense.

www.warmnsafe.com
    Last edited by Z0rst; 11-26-2014 at 12:01.
    “I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.”
    ― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Thunderbird 11 ft.
    Tarp
    12 ft Tadpole
    Insulation
    EE TQ & UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    Full Whoopie Hook
    Why UGQ? I have a 20 degree Zeppelin! I have a 40 degree overstuffed, flight Jacket. Both quilts are perfect in every way. Construction, performance and fit and finish are 10/10. The customer service is phenomenal and they are great folks to deal with! Plus, I have a Dream Hammock with the optional pack hook system and UGQ has an option that allows you to mate their underquilt to the pack-hook system of the Dream Hammock. No slippage, no fidget the quilt stays put every time and all the time. Their stuff and service is soooo good . . .I just cant think of a reason that I'd go anywhere else.

Dave
    Dave "Tbird911"
    Knoxville, TN

Any Day Above Ground . . .

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12