Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WTB/WTT: UL Tent needed

First a bit of a back story to explain...
    I had spinal surgery in May of this year as I was injured on the job. Here recently I had an opportunity to spend the weekend in the woods (with a fantastic group of friends by the way), and sadly being in the hammock caused me a good bit of pain. So for the time being I will be forced to the ground until my back allows me to sleep in my hammock without pain, not sure how long this may last which brings me to the need of "UL Tent" topic.

First and foremost I am a hiker/backpacker and weight is always a huge topic for me, even more now because of my back. I am trying and hoping to get back out on the trail and do what I love to do, being in the woods is what matters most to me, how I sleep while out is not a factor of being out there. Just want to be pain free, or in as little pain as I can be.

Sadly though I do not have a great deal of money to spend as I am on injury pay. I may have something to trade or add with a bit of money so please be upfront and honest with what you want for what you have.

I am looking for a one person tent, must be less than 2# and prefer it to be closer to 1# in total weight. Must have a bug net as well, whether that be an inner net tent or attached too the tent itself.

Thank you for any help you can offer me.
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Formerly octothorpesarus mudsocks's Avatar
    Images
    I have a Six Moon Designs Skyscape Trekker FS/FT. 24 ounces & seem sealed.

Octothorpesarus is that 24oz confirmed on your scale? Or just what is listed on SMD site?

I like the tent but not too keen on no vestibule space as that could lead to a wet interior when entering or exiting the tent, as well as vestibule space for gear storage is a nice thing to have.

Hope you understand if I wait to see if something better comes along. Thank you very much for posting about what you have to offer.
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway

Hammock
    11' Mutton Chop
    Tarp
    Camo Cuben Palace
    Insulation
    Loco Libre!
    Suspension
    Straps and Slings
    Images
    Hey there Yoda,
    Sorry to hear about your injury. Gotta get out to the piney woods to keep your spirits up (and your sanity!).
    I have a Tarptent Contrail I could part with. I can send some pictures if you like. I love it but haven't used it since getting elevated. 8)
    A new one goes for $209, but the general going rate on used ones is $150. I'd consider working out a trade including a full length 20° underquilt or top quilt.
    perrito

"If a man speaks in the woods, and there is no woman there to hear, is he still wrong?"

Thank you Perrito, yes this is something I must do so I can keep doing what I love to do...be in the woods!

That is on the heavier side of the spectrum for my style, but I will def keep your offer in mind...thank you for your help!

Hammock
    WB Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG Burrow, KAQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Out of curiosity, to help people out with their offers, what exact models are you looking for? Closer to a pound in weight, not too expensive, with bug netting, and a vestibule for gear sadly doesn't really exist since that's mostly cuben territory and those shelters tend to start at around $400+... (unless there's some affordable tent I'm forgetting about...and should buy for myself if it matches all that criteria! Good luck!

Hammock
    11' Mutton Chop
    Tarp
    Camo Cuben Palace
    Insulation
    Loco Libre!
    Suspension
    Straps and Slings
    Images
    FYI,
    Tarptent Contrail
    28 oz. I'll through mine on the scale when I get home. Mine is the 2009 model.
    perrito

"If a man speaks in the woods, and there is no woman there to hear, is he still wrong?"

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    I'll check with Megss to see if she is willing to part with hers. I'm not sure of model but I know she got it to be on the lighter side

Hammock
    WBB
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Baby Orca/Klymit
    Suspension
    straps/c buckles
    Images
    Not sure if you'd consider a bivy.
    But I posted one here: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ns-Zagori-Bivy

willing to let it go for $75
    brand new
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

AT '12. AT '14. FT '15. CA '15.

Not too keen on that one Dos, but thank you.

Everyone I just got a bit of bad news and most likely will not be able to purchase anything...in fact if things dont change I may be selling some stuff I really do not want to get rid of!

Mods please do not close this as if a rare one of a kind deal pops up I may sell off a bunch of stuff to get it. Thank you.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast