Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by h_ngm_n View Post
    What length should I make my tarp tie outs? Can't find anything with a search. I'm thinking 6' should be fine for the 8 edge/corner tie outs and 10' for the 4 panel pull outs.
    Sounds about right. Mine are 6' on my DIY asym; I rarely use more'n 4'.
    "Just prepare what you can and enjoy the rest."
    --Floridahanger

Hammock
    DIY 1.0oz HyperD
    Insulation
    DIY PLgold 48x60
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks
    Well I've been spending my time until I get the thread injector, making my tarp rigging and tie-outs with the 1.75mm zing-it I got from Dutch. That stuff is hard as hell to cut. I ended up using my propane torch to heat a knife to cut it. Worked out nicely as it sealed the line too which made it nice when tapering the ends because usually the remaining stands would stay fused. I do want to give props to doogie's youtube videos on working with the zing-it.

So I have:

2-8' leaders for tarp suspension with locked Brummel on one end and a bury on the other. These will attach to tarp and wrap around the tree and connect to the DHW Fleaz. The Fleaz are on a continuous loop which will be larks headed onto the tarp ridgeline end. Not going with a CRL at this point.

8 - 5' tarp tie outs (locked Brummel and bury). These will attach to 1' piece of shock cord coming of the tarp tie out. The tie outs will be adjustable using the mini-line loks.

1 - adjustable hammock ridgeline. I'll make a static one once I get the right length sorted out. I was going to make a traditional whoppie sling with this, but instead just tied a loop on one end, made a prussic from a continuous loop and tied the other end of the line to it. Not sure if it is going to work too well as the prussic was slipping on occasion. Sometimes it would hold good though. If it fails at least it won't be a ground hitting failure!

I'm getting the thread injector this weekend...looking forward to starting!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123